Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PS updated to 20.0.1 today  (Read 1527 times)

Zen8

• My Photo Collections

leuallen

Re: PS updated to 20.0.1 today
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 04:48:35 pm »

Oops. I would be very careful. My photoshop became unusable and I had to revert with a backup I make every morning at 5am so was pretty current and I did not loose anything. I use a keypad for shortcuts (Genovation) and Tony Kuyper's luminosity masks. Both were hosed. I can not work without either. A contributing factor is that there were two photoshops  installed and I deleted the oldest one. This could have deleted the shortcut files used by the programs but should not have.

Larry

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 06:39:23 pm »

Mine hung up once and I thought it did on a resize, until I rebooted PS and when I typed in the parameters, realized I was resizing in inches, not pixels... I try to keep at least 2-3 previous versions of Photoshop always installed on both my computers to make sure I've always have a stable, useable copy. With drive space so cheap, no reason not to keep an older version (or two) installed.
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

faberryman

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 06:43:13 pm »

Admittedly, I don't have decades of experience with Photoshop, having entered the frey with version 5. Still, I've never had an issue with an upgrade. I am running the current version from today without hiccup.

leuallen

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 10:33:57 pm »

Not a bug in Photoshop but in Creative Cloud uninstall. I tried the update again, glutton for punishment, but not the uninstall of the older version. Everything OK. The uninstall must have wiped out workplaces and shortcuts and whatever else. These were probably common files. Creative Cloud should have been smart enough not to do this.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up