Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tethering with Mamiya 645 DF+ and Phase One P40+  (Read 1316 times)

ChrisJett

Tethering with Mamiya 645 DF+ and Phase One P40+
« on: November 15, 2018, 08:27:21 pm »

Hi All,

I just downloaded a 30-day trial of Capture One to see how it would work with my Mamiya 645 DF+ and Phase One P40+ back prior to purchasing the full program. Unfortunately my camera is not being recognized by the software. I have the P40+ tethered directly to my Mac without using a Firewire to USB adapter since my Mac Mini has a Firewire port. I have also tried this with my MacBook Pro and an adapter, but I am getting the same result. My P40+ has the latest firmware according to Phase One, so I am not sure why it is not seeing it. I was hoping to use this camera tethered to my Mac in the studio with Capture One since LR does not recognize Mamiya.

Any suggestions on what I might be missing would be greatly appreciated. As far as I know this should work.

Thank you in advance,

Chris

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Re: Tethering with Mamiya 645 DF+ and Phase One P40+
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 03:02:47 am »

Hi All,

I just downloaded a 30-day trial of Capture One to see how it would work with my Mamiya 645 DF+ and Phase One P40+ back prior to purchasing the full program. Unfortunately my camera is not being recognized by the software. I have the P40+ tethered directly to my Mac without using a Firewire to USB adapter since my Mac Mini has a Firewire port. I have also tried this with my MacBook Pro and an adapter, but I am getting the same result. My P40+ has the latest firmware according to Phase One, so I am not sure why it is not seeing it. I was hoping to use this camera tethered to my Mac in the studio with Capture One since LR does not recognize Mamiya.

Any suggestions on what I might be missing would be greatly appreciated. As far as I know this should work.

Thank you in advance,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Go to the camera tab in the preferences and make sure Phase One is checked on as a provider.

Also worth trying another cable.  What length is it?

David
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 03:03:08 am »

Also make a case at www.phaseone.com/support

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Jeff

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 04:17:59 am »

Does the OP need to purchase Capture One  if they have the Phase One P40+ back ?

ChrisJett

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 11:39:13 pm »

Thank you all for responding. So far, no luck. When I plug the firewire cable a dialog comes up that states, 'Attach Camera - The camera could not be attached'.

I am using a 6' cable.

Going to the Preferences Tab > Camera (Icon), I see the following:
Phase One and Leaf Credo Configuration: Extension - IIQ
Leaf Aptus and Aptus II Configuration: Camera - Contax (Obviously I do not have this back, but no other selection other than Contax exists here).
Live Preview: Pause After - 30 seconds
Providers: Phase One / Leaf Credo, Leaf Aptus / AFi and Nikon are selected

I will have to make a case at PhaseOne support as David recommends. I will order another cable in the meantime just to double check that it is not the cable, but not being able to tether to the computer is going to be a big deal for me as I want to use the P40+ back on both my 645 DF+ and my RZ67 Pro II D tethered while in the studio.

Might it be that I am running a 30-day Trial version of the software? Is the P40+ back not supported anymore?

Off to bed now, and will come back when I get some results and/or when I hear back from PhaseOne.

Thank you again!

Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up