Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Price of Everything  (Read 422 times)

marvpelkey

The Price of Everything
« on: November 14, 2018, 08:22:00 pm »

Don't think this has been mentioned already, but if so, my apologies.

For those interested in art, I highly recommend a recent HBO documentary (saw it available on CRAVE as well), as titled in the subject header, which takes a walk through the (high end) art world.

Many interviewed - collectors, dealers, auctioneers, historians and artists and many pieces of art on view and discussed. Like a current compendium of opinions on the state of the art world as it is today. Cameras also followed a number of pieces as they made their way through some well known auction houses.

Some incredible works of art and some very bizarre stuff as well (that, in my opinion is the farthest thing from art that I could imagine). And some, absolutely, outrageous prices paid. Funny thing, some of my favourite pieces are by an artist, Marylin Minter, who takes photos of women through what looks like glass that is fogged from water (like a glass shower wall) and droplets, then paints a duplicate of that image on canvas. Quite cool.

Able to PVR it and, even though it is about an hour and a half, I will likely watch it again.

Regards,

Marv
Pages: [1]   Go Up