Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help on Printing paper  (Read 497 times)

charles.woodrich

Help on Printing paper
« on: November 14, 2018, 07:12:07 pm »

Hello!

I'm one of those that doesn't normally print anything. It just sits on my computer. I know it's better to get the stuff up on a wall. In that regard I've been lazy. Any way a relative has asked for a print of a sunset landscape in the Blue Ridge, and since I'm not in tune with the right materials to use, I thought I'd ask about it here.
I've worked with WHCC before on other things so I'd like to stick with them due to their concern for color management. The print will be around 24x30, and she wants to frame it and place it behind glass. The papers they use are Kodak Endura for lustre and glossy, and Fuji Crystal Archive for deep matte.
My question is what type of finish (paper) lustre, glossy, or deep matte do you believe is best suited for the frame/glass set up?

Charlie

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Help on Printing paper
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 07:33:02 pm »

For a photo such a sunset landscape you would probably want a paper that reflects a wide gamut with deep colour saturation potential, so that would point to luster or gloss media. It also matters a lot to the displayed image appearance what kind of glass you use in the framing. While expensive, Museum Glass would provide the clearest, least distracting and most distinctive view of the photo. 
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: [1]   Go Up