Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Top level board request: Webs & Sites  (Read 905 times)

Joe Towner

Top level board request: Webs & Sites
« on: November 13, 2018, 02:31:36 pm »

Good morning(ish),

I'm having a hard time placing a few specific comments / queries, and think it may be worth considering a new top level board: Web & Sites.

Topics I would see discussed in there are related to websites, their hosting issues & challenges, and specific issues people have.  For example, I need to move away from putting my giant images on Gigapan.com - the site is in zombie mode, with CMU still hosting the site, but no one around to fix things.  I've seen recent threads about folks looking for places to host their website, technical challenges that don't fit with either a camera system, or a computer issue.

Chatter about places like SmugMug & Flickr.  Business hosting for sales or just a share with friends gallery.  VR or 360 image hosting & interactive platforms.

Thoughts?
-Joe
t: @PNWMF

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
Re: Top level board request: Webs & Sites
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 02:47:07 pm »

Makes sense but I think the heading would need tweaking to stop it being mistaken for a promotional free-for-all.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 03:16:52 pm »

As mentioned in another topic.  we will soon be looking at topics and what is popular and what's not as well as what new topics may be relevant for the future.  We will keep this in mind as we look into that.  I always welcome ideas that may be of interest to the audience here.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Jeff

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 03:44:12 pm »

Kevin,
Perhaps you could also take a look at / review the number of " sticky " topics on this board ?

I know they are important,  but one has to scroll down to get passed them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up