Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson p800 with paper roll - print cutting solution  (Read 2055 times)

vartkes

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 60
  • The Armenian
    • VartkesImages - Contemplative Photographs
Epson p800 with paper roll - print cutting solution
« on: November 09, 2018, 02:10:12 pm »

I use an Epson 4900 currently. I am considering replacing it with a P800 rather than an Epson 5000 based on low volume of prints I make. I use roll paper and I know that p800 does not have a built-in paper cutter. How do users of P800 cut a print off the roll after it has printed neatly and avoid contortions?
Thanks
Vartkes

dgberg

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2954
    • http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
Re: Epson p800 with paper roll - print cutting solution
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 11:38:40 am »

The 800 prints a nice cutline and forwards the paper to the proper position where a sharp scissors will finish the job.
Because I use my Rotatrim for final trimming the cutoff needs to be just good enough to make sure the printer still reads that front edge properly for the next print.
Logged
Dan Berg
http://www.bergsprintstudio.com/workshops/
Our Studio is a Canson Certified Print Lab

BobShaw

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2272
    • Aspiration Images
Re: Epson p800 with paper roll - print cutting solution
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 05:00:58 pm »

I bring a table up to it and build up the height with a box up to the right level to use a guillotine. Crude but works. Scissors don’t work.
Logged
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

Scho

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 95
    • http://photos.schophoto.com/
Re: Epson p800 with paper roll - print cutting solution
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 11:05:41 am »

Battery powered electric scissors work well for this task.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up