Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New forum topic?  (Read 2743 times)

Rob C

Re: New forum topic?
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2018, 12:19:04 pm »

On most forums one or two, but here.........? ;D

Kent in SD

But then, photographers do it differently.

;-)

degrub

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2018, 12:21:06 pm »

But then, photographers do it differently.

;-)

Just like a typist....click click click   :D

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2018, 12:25:35 pm »

Yup.

Thank the Gods we don't have to change light bulbs here on LuLa, we'd be permanently in the dark.

How is that different from our current state?  :o
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2018, 01:12:44 pm »

Sometime soon, Chris and I will be going over all the topics on the forum and looking at whether we need new ones or even consolidating ones already being used.  We will note your desire to have a BW topic.  We don't want the forum to become too daunting and many times what someone may comment on in BW is also relevant to color and would be missed if they didn't visit both topics.  Always open to ideas so don't hesitate to comment on the forum or PM me.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Rob C

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2018, 01:33:22 pm »

Sometime soon, Chris and I will be going over all the topics on the forum and looking at whether we need new ones or even consolidating ones already being used.  We will note your desire to have a BW topic.  We don't want the forum to become too daunting and many times what someone may comment on in BW is also relevant to color and would be missed if they didn't visit both topics.  Always open to ideas so don't hesitate to comment on the forum or PM me.

Just don't forget that nothing can be all things to all men, and attempts to achieve it end in tears. If folks can't be bothered to look further than their nose, then it's their problem rather than LuLa's if they don't see everything, not that everyone wants to see everything, and I include myself very much in the limited interests box!

Good luck, and don't forget the baby/bathwater ridge, beyond which lie snipers!

Rob

BJL

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2018, 03:09:57 pm »

Maybe it could fit under the existing Photographic Styles section of the AoP and be able to retain its distinction from the other threads therein?

I suppose one thing would have to be made clear: is it or is it not to be a critiques welcomed thingy?
If the idea is sharing monochrome images and a bit of discussion of the shared images — as distinct from darkroom or black and white digital technique (which already have forums) and also distinct from more abstract discussion of photographic styles (which already has a forum), I think it belongs under "User Critiques". Though I would like to downplay the "critique" part!

Anyway a first ambit, which I am sure you folks will easily improve on: https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=127502.0

Rob C

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2018, 05:21:01 pm »

If the idea is sharing monochrome images and a bit of discussion of the shared images — as distinct from darkroom or black and white digital technique (which already have forums) and also distinct from more abstract discussion of photographic styles (which already has a forum), I think it belongs under "User Critiques". Though I would like to downplay the "critique" part!

Anyway a first ambit, which I am sure you folks will easily improve on: https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=127502.0

I think you're probably right about that.

Rob

Telecaster

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2018, 09:58:35 pm »

I was just thinking of clocks this morning, and how they leap ahead in spring. Isn't it wonderful how, come New Year, they spring forward an entire year and nobody, other than I, even notices the gap?

And sometimes they hold back an extra "leap" second just before New Year's Day to adjust for irregularities and a general slowing trend in Earth's axial rotation.  :D

-Dave-

Rob C

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2018, 05:42:26 am »

And sometimes they hold back an extra "leap" second just before New Year's Day to adjust for irregularities and a general slowing trend in Earth's axial rotation.  :D

-Dave-

That slowing will eventually lead to a total stop, and axial rotation will be no more. It will turn Earth into a half-baked orange, reminding me of fried ice cream, a specialty of the Phoenicia Hotel in Valletta, Malta.

Specialty is also the label that Little Richard used in his heyday. Who needs photos to make connections? Well, other than "beautiful Ukrainian ladies seeking love with American gentlemans (sic)".

Before it stopped its spinning this world was a funny place.

degrub

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2018, 08:38:02 am »

That slowing will eventually lead to a total stop, and axial rotation will be no more. It will turn Earth into a half-baked orange, reminding me of fried ice cream, a specialty of the Phoenicia Hotel in Valletta, Malta.

Specialty is also the label that Little Richard used in his heyday. Who needs photos to make connections? Well, other than "beautiful Ukrainian ladies seeking love with American gentlemans (sic)".

Before it stopped its spinning this world was a funny place.
Time for carrot delivery to the horse.

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2018, 09:52:07 am »

OK, a new thread seems to be the way to go.

Rob C

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2018, 10:22:41 am »

Time for carrot delivery to the horse.

Oh that horse! I thought I was being so kind to her, and I wandered over to her field a couple of days ago with a bag containing three carrots split in two, thus hoping to have her believe she was getting six carrots for the price of one grudging grunt of recognition, when a neighbour appeared from the other direction with a bag of freshly bought carrots from the supermarket, which he began to unload to her one by one. Reminded me of that song that goes something like: "he can buy you diamond rings, a million cars and all those things, (but all that I can offer you etc. etc.) so let the best man win". I don't think she can really count, though, so perhaps our thing will survive to the next round.

;-)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 12:19:16 pm by Rob C »

degrub

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2018, 11:20:57 am »

time to escalate to apples ! ;)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up