Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: z3100 and the dreaded Matt Black  (Read 1793 times)

gfsymon

Re: z3100 and the dreaded Matt Black
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2018, 11:24:55 am »

I think for this printer and any inkjet printer it is a good thing to print all colours - say once every week.. to keep the printheads in shape.

i have made a target with colours measured from the calibration pattern that i use.
If i print it on glossy with GE and matte paper all heads are used.
 (my Z3100 printer has most problems with the colour green)

I've tried doing this in the past, but have wondered if it works as desired.  There is some clever chicanery goes on with mixing to get colours.  How do you know that you're using specific colours and that they're not being mixed from others?

Ernst Dinkla

Re: z3100 and the dreaded Matt Black
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2018, 03:44:08 am »

I've tried doing this in the past, but have wondered if it works as desired.  There is some clever chicanery goes on with mixing to get colours.  How do you know that you're using specific colours and that they're not being mixed from others?

Bring them as close as possible to the colors of your printed calibration target patches. Or simpler,  every week/fortnight calibrate a matte media choice you never use. If you want to activate the GE head part too then print also a gloss media choice you never use. You can also stop the calibrations on the printer panel before the scanning of the patches start, in that case you can select a media choice you normally use, paper on the machine does not matter, your media choice matters for what inks are fired.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up