Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Published: ImagePrint Does Canon  (Read 2318 times)

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Just Published: ImagePrint Does Canon
« on: November 05, 2018, 09:01:51 pm »

I just published an article with three videos about Imageprint now printing to the Canon Pro line of printers. You can read it HERE
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Larry451

Re: Just Published: ImagePrint Does Canon
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 11:04:10 am »

thanks Kevin for an interesting article/video.   Just thinking out loud,  no image print for HP large format printers?
regards
Larry.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 01:44:22 pm »

Larry, No, not sure if there will be or could be.  HP has kind of gone quiet in the printer market.  They had such good ideas a few years ago and at one point with some of their science seemed poised to be a leader and then they went quiet.  The new Canon Pro printers are really nice and I still use my Epson p800 and 9900 a few times a week.  Granted the 9900 sometime has to go through several cleaning cycles before it ready to go but once that is done it is a workhorse.

I hope HP thinks again about the photo market.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 06:23:41 pm »

I always thought that Imageprint was never offered for HP because the HP large format fine art printers (Z3100 and later) could build their own profiles, and Imageprint's main selling point was the profiles.  The new RED is compatible with all printers according to their website (but only with your own custom or paper mfg profiles) and Black is the "original" version (my assumption).

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 02:56:35 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see not advantage in using Imageprint : All I can do with it, at least all that was shown in the video, can also be done in Lightroom and in Canon Print Studio pro.
Ok, it is easy to download profiles for paper and ink, but these are still canned profiles which can also be downloaded from the manufacturer of the paper.

So, why should I spend 500US$ for this ?

BR Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2018, 09:54:48 pm »

If LR works for you great.  I don't use the LR workflow since I use Capture ne, go to Tiff and then have a master tiff to use whenever needed.  Plus in my opinion for what its worth is that Colorbyte profiles are incredibly good.  I get great images anytime I use IP.  That's enough for me and it works.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

David Mantripp

• :: snowhenge dot net ::
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 05:06:49 am »

I’ve just moved back to ImagePrint after years of making my own profiles and printing from Lr. Suddenly I’m printing a lot more photos and a lot less “tests”. Well, zero tests in fact.

I agree, the profiles are excellent, and application features such as resizing and print sharpening are also very good. It isn’t cheap, but neither is it overpriced, and in my experience Colorbyte still treat customers as an asset, not just a source of money.
--
David Mantripp

mearussi

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 02:25:47 pm »

Maybe if I had a spare $2,500 it would be worth it if I could see that much of a difference. But really, what are you getting for your money, a 5% improvement over your own profile?

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 03:30:35 pm »

Maybe if I had a spare $2,500 it would be worth it if I could see that much of a difference. But really, what are you getting for your money, a 5% improvement over your own profile?
Considering not all profiles are created equally, maybe 5% less.  ;)
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
Pages: [1]   Go Up