Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to keep LR files  (Read 3606 times)

Zen8

• My Photo Collections
Re: Where to keep LR files
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2018, 09:59:34 am »

Is the conversation about the actual catalogue or the files? The catalogue shouldn't take up much space at all.   

MarkatPalms

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2018, 10:57:03 am »

My system is PC based and I have a 6TB internal HDD which holds my original images (260k images) this drive is almost full this is backed up to an 8TB External HDD and to a synology NAS.

My catalogue is stored in dropbox on an internal M2 SSD the Catalogue occupies 4.04gb of disk space , smart previews use 294GB of Disk space and previews are 335gb of disk space.

By storing the catalogue and smart previews on Dropbox I can also use my laptop on the same catalogue for most things.

regards

Mark

Zen8

• My Photo Collections
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2018, 08:41:25 pm »

For me it averages to catalogue being about 90MB for 7.5GB of flies. 

govindvkumar

• Passionate Nature and Wildlife Photographer
    • Photography Axis
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2018, 12:11:25 am »

I bet this has been asked before, but...

I have 2 SSDs. One is for the OS and programs. The other holds the LR catalog and all photo files. Is this the ideal configuration or would I benefit from moving the catalog to the OS disk?

I use a separate 1TB External hard disk to store the photos and I manage a separate Catalog folder in that same hard disk. I also have a replica copy of this hard disk, just to ensure that I have two copies of the photos in 2 separate places for safety. When the hard disk gets full, I buy 2 more from 2 separate vendors and continue the same process.
Nature and Wildlife photographer.
Photography Tips and Tutorials @
https://www.photographyaxis.com

shalimarphoto

• Shalimar B Photography - Family, Baby & Child Photography
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2018, 12:29:17 pm »

Since I moved my catalog to my external drive, it's much easier for me. Especially since I will go between my desktop and laptop.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up