Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skylum seems to operate a bit oddly  (Read 1732 times)

Zen8

• My Photo Collections
Skylum seems to operate a bit oddly
« on: November 03, 2018, 01:20:21 pm »

About 6 months ago I wanted to try Noiseless CK. There was no way to trial it but there was a free download at the bottom of the CK page so I tried it. It opened Luminar and to my surprise no Noiseless CK. I contacted Skylum and they sent me the CK trial. I think because Luminar was a trial I couldn't get it to work so I gave up.

Last week I renewed my interest but on their Noiseless CK page there in no way to buy or try it. I found this during a search.

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360018993091-WHERE-and-HOW-to-purchase-Noiseless-Pro-App-No-link-or-Button-           

Based on that I decided to try the free Noiseless but it won't open RAW files. When I tried it told me I could purchase CK and I followed that link. Only $17 so I thought I'd try it since they offer it. I think it was $100 six months ago.   

It won't let me install the LR plugin even though LR is installed. My guess it does not recognize LR8 even though I have the the latest version of CK. It also does not open Canon 5D4 RAW files properly.

I did read that Skylum thread I posted a link to but I thought I'd follow the path just to see. I did submit a support request to Skylum. Here is the CK page.

https://skylum.com/noiseless

So is Noiseless CK now included with Luminar?   

kirkt

Re: Skylum seems to operate a bit oddly
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 05:00:05 pm »

Noiseless is not included.  You can, however, invoke Noiseless and other plug-ins from within the Luminar interface.

kirk

Zen8

• My Photo Collections
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 11:09:15 am »

Support contacted me. They said the plug-in installs in the user library but I found it in the local library. I'm also getting this with my 5D4 files with a direct import. Pink tone which may indicate that cam is not supported. Below is what it should look like.

Zen8

• My Photo Collections
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 03:21:51 pm »

I installed the plug-ins as per their directions. Correct locations as others that work are in there. I suspect at it now is a legacy product it is no longer updated. May not play nice with LR8. You can't get it at their site but through what I call a back door. You try to open a RAW with the free Noiseless and it leads to a way to get it.

A replied to them about the plug-in and still waiting.           

Zen8

• My Photo Collections
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 04:21:49 pm »

I got a refund from Skylum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up