Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon 6400 with agitator problems!!  (Read 649 times)

artfoto

• ArtPrint Editions
Canon 6400 with agitator problems!!
« on: November 02, 2018, 03:55:06 pm »

Have a 2 year old Canon IPF 6400 which works great but has suddenly developed some scraping noise from the agitator and is getting louder every time I hear it. I would like turn that service off before it grinds to a halt and gets worse and fouls up the whole electronic system.  The machine is on it's supplied legs and not a hard service. It rocks and rolls quite well as far as agitation is concerned! Is there a way to turn it off from the printer's panel?  From what I hear it is quite expensive to get a tech out here to just to disconnect (or of course-replace it). Am I stuck?

Neil Koppes 

artfoto

• ArtPrint Editions
Re: Canon 6400 with agitator problems!!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 08:28:51 am »

Can ANYBODY help on this??

Neil

BrianBeauban

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 12:18:21 pm »

Why not call Canon and ask them?

artfoto

• ArtPrint Editions
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 02:30:40 pm »

Canon has been contacted twice.  They go to the "book" and don't find an answer!!  Usually their techs are helpful but not this time ...

Just looking for help!!

neil@artprinteditions.com

dgillilan

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 09:23:51 pm »

Neil, I own a Canon ipf 6400 but I have not had the agitator problems. Mine does still "agitate" sometimes when I turn it on and does "cleaning" but I have not had the problem that you described, Sorry I cannot help. I have replaced heads and print cartridges but nothing else (yet).
Thanks, and good luck, Debra

artfoto

• ArtPrint Editions
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 03:47:32 pm »

Thanks Deborah.  Although you were not able to help exactly, I appreciate the return message.  I thought someone out there, had noticed similar problem and could be of help.  I know someone at Canon has run across this problem before, but I can't find anyone there who is willing to go to the extra effort and get an answer for me.

Thanks again, Neil
neil@artprinteditions.com

stanbowman

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 08:27:43 am »

Possibly you have something stuck in there, maybe some paper or tape from where the paper is attached to the roll core. A few months ago I was having problems with my 8300, it would not load sheet paper or rolls and started giving error messages. My son suggested I blow it out with air so I connected an air hose from my compressor with an air nozzle and gave the insides a good blast of air. Bottom line is it then started up and is printing perfectly now, no error messages. You might try that before calling in service request. But if it is something caught in there you still may have to get someone to take it apart and clean it or replace parts (hopefully not).
Pages: [1]   Go Up