Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guidance needed - Cambo 4X5 SCIIR View Camera Body coupled with Digital Back  (Read 809 times)

rahimin3d

• The Nomadic Kenyan

Hello All,

I'm looking for some assistance in this matter.

I'm looking to move to a Large format system but I haven't got the budget to go all out. I was looking at Graflok adapters coupled with a Mamiya Leaf Aptus ii back and a manual View Camera to get myself started but I wanted to know from the veterans here whether this is actually possible with an older DMF Back like mine, if yes, how do I then connect the lens to the back? Is there a specific cable to procure?

Secondly, where can I get educated on the large format systems and their lenses? I can find a number of reasonable lenses on boards that mount on to different view cameras but I can't find exact matches to the Cambo and if I do, they're pricy.

Lastly, can a Copal0 Sinar board be used on this particular Cambo system? Or do I buy the Cambo board and can I then detach a lens from a Sinar board and cannibalise?

I know these are questions that may seem simple to a lot of people but the help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Rahim.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 12:29:47 pm by rahimin3d »
Rahim M Kara
POCP
Apple & Adobe Certified Pro

faberryman

I'm looking for some assistance in this matter.
Questions best asked at the Large Format Photography Forum

Two23

Can't help you with the digital stuff--I shoot 4x5 & 5x7 because I like the big negatives (and more choice in lenses.)  As for lens boards, what you need is a lens board from the camera system you have that is adapted to take 110mm (Technika) lens boards.  That will make your life easier.

Kent in SD
Qui sedes ad dexteram Patris,
miserere nobis.
Pages: [1]   Go Up