Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's your Epson P800 nozzle clog experience?  (Read 1397 times)

vartkes

• The Armenian
    • VartkesImages - Contemplative Photographs
What's your Epson P800 nozzle clog experience?
« on: November 01, 2018, 08:58:45 pm »

I know this subject has been covered in the months and years past. However I have only now reached the end of my rope with 4900 clogging nozzles. I would like to read about the actual experience of the p800 users who make prints infrequently; such as one print every week or two week? What happens if you leave the printer and go traveling (shooting) for three weeks? I expect a cleaning cycle after non-use for several weeks but expect that nozzles will fire completely after cleaning. Is this your experience? My printer lives in 45% to 60% humidity from winter into summer months - I live in Niagara Region, Ontario, in Canada.
Thanks in advance
Vartkes

rdonson

Re: What's your Epson P800 nozzle clog experience?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 10:57:27 pm »

I've had to run a cleaning once or twice since I've owned the P800 (July 2015).  I recently let it sit (covered) for 2 months, fired it up and printed a check and didn't need to do a cleaning.  I'm quite happy with the new print head in the P800.
Regards,
Ron

JeanMichel

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 09:14:30 am »

My experience with the P800 is the same as Ron’s. Zero problems, including an over two-months period of no use as I was out of the country (I’m east of Toronto). Same with my larger printer, a P6000.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 01:52:13 pm »

Ditto, don't think I've had any.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 02:02:01 pm »

I print a print or two every month and have had to do 2 cleanings in that time period for clogged nozzles.
Just as good or better then a 3880.

BradSmith

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 02:22:52 pm »

I print perhaps once every 2 weeks.  I've had to do nozzle cleanings more often than others here.....maybe once every other month.  Last time I had to run two cleaning cycles to clear the test print.   But I live in a pretty dry climate. 
Brad

rdonson

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 09:40:36 pm »

Brad makes a good point. 

I live in NC, USA where the humidity is generally 50-60% for 3/4 of the year.  Winter though when the heat kicks on the humidity in my house drops until I start up the humidifier. 
Regards,
Ron

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2018, 12:38:37 am »

I used one for a year, then replaced it with a 5000 with maybe one clog. gave it to my partner in my gallery he prints on it about every 2 weeks.  He told me the other day he’s only had to clean it once.

I’m in Utah, where humidity is rarely above 40%, usually in the 25% range and inside even drier in the winter once the furnace starts kicking in.

Stoic

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 04:42:50 pm »

Hi Vartkes, I live in a dryish moderate climate, and have had zero issues with my 2 year old baby. Sometimes I don't print for a couple of weeks or longer, but I always fire it up and print off an A4 test print weekly on cheapo paper when it's not in use, and generally I don't do a lot of printing. Only once did the nozzle check show signs of blockage, and a single clean had it perfect again. I also take the cartridges out and give them the recommended shake on about a monthly basis.
Pages: [1]   Go Up