Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3800 changing from matte to photo black randomly  (Read 461 times)

zobeleye

• zobeleye
Epson 3800 changing from matte to photo black randomly
« on: October 30, 2018, 09:05:29 am »

Hi Guys,

Newest LR, when Printing with Matte Ink, Printer changes from MB to PhB every 2-3rd print.
Very annoying, not even talking about the money.
Now I have reinstalled the printer multiple times, have recreated the printpreset from scratch in Print driver as well as LR to no avail.

any thoughts ?

cheers
Stephan
mac pro 32 gb,eizoCG318,LR,nikon,fuji,Pentax645Z
http://zobeleye.com/

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Epson 3800 changing from matte to photo black randomly
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 09:19:45 am »

I rather doubt Lr is the primary cause, because the choice of Black depends mainly on the Media Type set in the driver. It sounds to me as if there is some autonomous change of settings happening with the printer driver causing this. Are you printing using profiles or "Printer Manages Color"? You will need to do some diagnosis. Let this continue happening for a few cycles regardless of the annoyance and the cost. When it does happen, go into the driver settings and see whether the Media Type has changed from where you had set it to something else, or a Printer Preset has changed from where you want it to something else. Check in the printer controls, usually on the printer LCD, if the option is available whether PK/MK change is set to automatic or manual. If it is set to automatic, switch it to manual. I don't know the specifics of that driver version any longer (it's been years since I gave away my 3800) so I can only suggest to poke through the various setting options to make sure nothing is set that would trigger autonomous changes between Mk/PK ink. In the final analysis if you can't trace the cause, call Epson ProGraphics (this is a qualified Pro printer for ProGraphics support) which is free over the phone, and seek their advice on whether there is any incompatibility they know of between the driver version you are using and the computing environment it sits in.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: [1]   Go Up