Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lenswork "Seeing in Sixes", 2018  (Read 643 times)

peterwgallagher

Lenswork "Seeing in Sixes", 2018
« on: October 26, 2018, 03:27:13 am »

Even had I not been selected as one of the 50 published photographers, I'd recommend this book to LL readers. My guess is there's a considerable overlap between LL subscribers and LensWork subscribers. So many of you will probably know about the latest in this series from Brooks Jensen and Maureen Gallagher.

Not all these 300 photos are great art (some are, I think). Still, it's an intriguing collection.

It's a "juried" selection of six-image projects from 50 photographers that subscribe to the Magazine. The selection reflects Brooks'/Maureen's taste, of course. Still that's a highly educated taste... Many wonderful photos here merit your attention; several, more than a few times. I suspect they reflect pretty accurately what mostly non-professional (?) photographers are trying to do with their art at the moment. Even better, the projects are often fun, enlightening and maybe inspiring.

Peter

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Lenswork "Seeing in Sixes", 2018
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 02:31:23 pm »

Congrats on getting into this year's issue!

Yes, it is a fine series, as is LensWork.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

gchappel

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 05:43:10 pm »

Even had I not been selected as one of the 50 published photographers, I'd recommend this book to LL readers. My guess is there's a considerable overlap between LL subscribers and LensWork subscribers. So many of you will probably know about the latest in this series from Brooks Jensen and Maureen Gallagher.

Not all these 300 photos are great art (some are, I think). Still, it's an intriguing collection.

It's a "juried" selection of six-image projects from 50 photographers that subscribe to the Magazine. The selection reflects Brooks'/Maureen's taste, of course. Still that's a highly educated taste... Many wonderful photos here merit your attention; several, more than a few times. I suspect they reflect pretty accurately what mostly non-professional (?) photographers are trying to do with their art at the moment. Even better, the projects are often fun, enlightening and maybe inspiring.

Peter

I am looking forward to seeing this- we are out of town this week and although my copy is at the house, I do not get to see it until late tomorrow.
I too was one of the selected artists.  Putting the project together was very worthwhile, even if it was not selected.  I have a couple of ideas for next year.
Gary

James Clark

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 08:30:09 pm »

Congrats on being part of this year's selection!   I think we have a few other folks here that have made in in before too?  Slobodan I think?  Who else? I'm always glad to see LuLa with good representation in publications, contests etc.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 02:10:27 am »

... It's a "juried" selection of six-image projects from 50 photographers that subscribe to the Magazine...
Peter

That is not correct. You don’t have to be a subscriber to the magazine to be published.
Pages: [1]   Go Up