Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3800 battery replacement  (Read 775 times)

texshooter

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 582
Epson 3800 battery replacement
« on: October 24, 2018, 02:29:06 am »


My Epson 3800 is approaching its 10 year birthday.  It still runs good.  My understanding is it has an internal lithium battery that should be dead by now.  Is replacing the battery easy to do? Or do I have to ship the printer to Epson and pay them more than the printer's worth to fix it? I would hate to toss the printer in the trash because of a dead $5 coin battery.
Logged

Alan Goldhammer

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4349
    • A Goldhammer Photography
Re: Epson 3800 battery replacement
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 08:17:22 am »

I was just curious (own a 3880 and did a google search).  this looks to be a challenging task.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4138403

Logged

howardm

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1984
Re: Epson 3800 battery replacement
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 08:32:07 am »

Really depends on your comfort level w/ dealing w/ electronics and tools.  As I recall, it's a flat coin cell mounted in a holder on the main board.  Shouldn't be *that* hard.

I *think* (haven't checked lately) that it's a matter of removing some plastic covers and sliding the main board out.

Don't replace it until the printer insists on it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up