Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Feedback on Huawei P20 Pro Camera?  (Read 1209 times)

John Hollenberg

Any Feedback on Huawei P20 Pro Camera?
« on: October 23, 2018, 06:56:02 pm »

This phone has a significantly larger chip than other phones which should translate to lower noise and better dynamic range.  DXOmark for mobile phones gave it their top score for still photography:

https://www.dxomark.com/huawei-p20-pro-camera-review-innovative-technologies-outstanding-results/

Only the international version is available in the U.S. which could be a problem for using it as an actual phone, although I saw one report it works with T-Mobile.  I am wondering if anyone in the U.S. has this phone and how the camera compares to older phones like Samsung Galaxy S7.

John Hollenberg

Re: Any Feedback on Huawei P20 Pro Camera?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 03:22:48 pm »

bestia

Re: Any Feedback on Huawei P20 Pro Camera?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 01:43:39 pm »

I had the P20 Pro and have to say I was quite underwhelmed by its camera output. Don't get me wrong, it took good photos in the right situations but something definitely didn't feel right. The Leica style finish to the photos looks great in certain places but definitely didn't look particularly realistic. Which is what my overall feeling is with the camera, the photos aren't very true to life imo. The night mode however was genuinely outstanding, that's great by Huawei. I swapped it over for the XZ2 and being totally honest, I really feel it has a better camera in my very brief usage
My website
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 03:35:37 pm by bestia »
Pages: [1]   Go Up