Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pixma Pro 9000 / 9500  (Read 5639 times)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Canon Pixma Pro 9000 / 9500
« on: October 22, 2006, 09:43:00 pm »

Does anyone have any idea on when theese printers are going to become available?

I just spoke to Canon Australia again and they are now saying both units are being delaye din Australia until 2007.

I have put off buying a printer waiting for the 9500 - but this is getting ridiculous.... From memory these were announced more than 6 months ago now.

the US website says the 9000 is avaiable now - is that true?

Its awfully tempting to just go and buy an IPF5000 and be done with it.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

DarkPenguin

haefnerphoto

• http://www.jameshaefner.com
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 07:15:18 am »

Friday my 9000 arrived from Norman Camera.  I've been using the 9900 for 2-3 years and was anxious to see how the 9000 had improved.  My initial tests show smoother gradations and greater shadow detail than the 9900.  The inks are supposed to resist fading better than the previous inkset and it prints just as quickly as the 9900.  So far my tests have been printed on the Hahnemule Fine Art Pearl and the Canon profile, PR1 (which I believe is for a gloss paper), works the best.  The matte profile puts down too much ink.  I'll continue to fine tune the process this week and will let you know what I find.

chilehead

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 11:12:16 am »

... So far my tests have been printed on the Hahnemule Fine Art Pearl and the Canon profile, PR1 (which I believe is for a gloss paper), works the best.  The matte profile puts down too much ink.  I'll continue to fine tune the process this week and will let you know what I find.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=81732\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Oh boy!  Will definitely be interested in what you have to say.  Does it come with profiles for the new fine art papers Canon is supporting, or just the old ones (PR1, 2, etc) that came with the i9900?

-Mark

edit- Since posting this, I found a "art paper" icc profile listed on Canon's support site for the Pro 9000.

I'm still curious as to whether it ships with the printer, though!  :-)

I have also downloaded the "on-screen" guide for the printer.  It is a big improvement on previous manuals.  It is also SEARCHABLE!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 12:34:29 pm by chilehead »

haefnerphoto

• http://www.jameshaefner.com
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 01:38:14 pm »

Yes, the profiles for the new papers ship with the software.  At this time the premium matte is backordered (at Norman Camera).  By the way, test prints from the Z3100 came in the mail today.  I received a colorful flower-water shot, as well as, a B/W image.  Both looked incredible!  They were printed on the professional satin paper which is more smooth than satin.  I haven't been a big fan of pigmented inks but can see that they have come a long way!
Pages: [1]   Go Up