Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Achromatic file problem  (Read 1449 times)

alifatemi

• ali fatemi photography
Achromatic file problem
« on: October 20, 2018, 10:57:09 am »

I wonder why LR cant read P1 Achromatic 100 files?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 11:36:31 pm by alifatemi »

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Achromatic filed
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 12:53:09 pm »

It may be that the Lr/ACR engineers haven't developed a profile yet for that camera - perhaps something in the RAW format spec that differs from the ones they have already accommodated in the past.

But why not use Capture One for this instead? I would have to believe it must be correctly specified for that camera/file format.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

alifatemi

• ali fatemi photography
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 04:17:51 pm »

It may be that the Lr/ACR engineers haven't developed a profile yet for that camera - perhaps something in the RAW format spec that differs from the ones they have already accommodated in the past.

But why not use Capture One for this instead? I would have to believe it must be correctly specified for that camera/file format.

Thanks Mark. I use Capture one with no problem but My usual editing software is LR and PS not Capture One. In Camera Raw data base, this back is suported and supposed to be read its file with no problem.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 05:59:53 pm »

Thanks Mark. I use Capture one with no problem but My usual editing software is LR and PS not Capture One. In Camera Raw data base, this back is suported and supposed to be read its file with no problem.

Does it work with ACR in Photoshop?

alifatemi

• ali fatemi photography
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 11:34:52 pm »

Denis de Gannes

Re: Achromatic file problem
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 01:37:49 am »

@ alifatemi, are the files from the camera model shown in the screen capture below. If so can you state the specific error message you get when you try to import into Lightroom.

Equip: iMac (Ret. 5K,27"Mid 2015),macOS 10.15.6

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 05:54:54 am »

I'd suggest posting here. Last year I followed up a problem supporting a PhaseOne back, and I recall it was down to their slowness responding to Adobe's requests for some technical info. It might be the same, or Adobe might have overlooked the back, but just ask.

alifatemi

• ali fatemi photography
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 01:24:23 pm »

@ alifatemi, are the files from the camera model shown in the screen capture below. If so can you state the specific error message you get when you try to import into Lightroom.

Hi, I have attached message I got from both LR and Photoshop. Both are updated to latest version yesterday.

alifatemi

• ali fatemi photography
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 01:25:56 pm »

And this one...

alifatemi

• ali fatemi photography
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 01:26:49 pm »

Yes

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2018, 02:41:23 pm »

Yes

Actually no, because you report your camera is an achromatic, whereas the model in Dennis deGannes' screen-grab is a trichromatic - different cameras. Maybe there are some differences in the raw format spec even though they are both called "IIQ".

BTW, I can open IIQ files from my P40+ in Lr - been possible for quite a long time now. But that spec may also differ somewhat from the latest.

alifatemi

• ali fatemi photography
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2018, 01:20:17 am »

Actually no, because you report your camera is an achromatic, whereas the model in Dennis deGannes' screen-grab is a trichromatic - different cameras. Maybe there are some differences in the raw format spec even though they are both called "IIQ".

BTW, I can open IIQ files from my P40+ in Lr - been possible for quite a long time now. But that spec may also differ somewhat from the latest.

Thanks Mark. You are right. My mistake. Mine is achromatic. But isnt it strange that this model is not new and still is not supported by Adobe. I reported to P1 2 weeks ago but got no reply from them. I expected better response and suport from them!

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2018, 08:29:29 am »

Thanks Mark. You are right. My mistake. Mine is achromatic. But isnt it strange that this model is not new and still is not supported by Adobe. I reported to P1 2 weeks ago but got no reply from them. I expected better response and suport from them!

Adobe does the programming for ACR/Lr support to all the cameras they cover; to do this they require some information from the camera manufacturers who write their proprietary raw formats. So the first place to address a concern about a particular camera or file format not working in Lr/ACR would be Adobe, and it would then be up to Adobe to correspond with Phase One as appropriate.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2018, 09:26:47 am »

As I said before, ask Adobe here. Last year P1's slowness responding to Adobe's technical requests had caused a delay supporting a back, and sometimes they all need a little nudge - especially with uncommon backs like this.

alifatemi

• ali fatemi photography
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2018, 11:38:27 am »

As I said before, ask Adobe here. Last year P1's slowness responding to Adobe's technical requests had caused a delay supporting a back, and sometimes they all need a little nudge - especially with uncommon backs like this.

Thanks John, I did yesterday and waiting for their reply.
Pages: [1]   Go Up