Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meyer Optik Görlitz's parent company is insolvent, backers won't get lenses.  (Read 438 times)

KLaban

Meyer Optik parent company insolvent

Such a pity.

Thankfully, although tempted, I chose not to back the offer and order a lens. Hopefully nobody here will be effected.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 01:09:34 PM by KLaban »

Telecaster

I had an order, with deposit paid, for the 75/1.5 Biotar re-creation in M mount. I knew when I ordered that the company was winging it (using deposits to fund operations as well as product development) so I'm not really upset…just disappointed that the lens won't get made. Not every investment pans out.

Finding an original both in LTM mount (most were M42) and decent shape will likely be a tall order.  :(

-Dave-

KLaban

I had an order, with deposit paid, for the 75/1.5 Biotar re-creation in M mount. I knew when I ordered that the company was winging it (using deposits to fund operations as well as product development) so I'm not really upset…just disappointed that the lens won't get made. Not every investment pans out.

Finding an original both in LTM mount (most were M42) and decent shape will likely be a tall order.  :(

-Dave-

Dave, sorry to hear you got caught up in this mess. As you say the bummer is that these new lenses are now lost to us.

Good luck with finding that original, you'll probably going to need it. :(

Telecaster

Miyazaki-san (of MS Optical) has announced a 73/1.5 Sonnar-based lens in M mount. Handbuilt, as usual for him. I've ordered one via Bellamy Hunt (Japan Camera Hunter). Hope it works out better than the Meyer Görlitz endeavor!

-Dave-

KLaban

Dave, yes, I saw the news on DPR and instantly thought of you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up