Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blue Ridge Highway & Shenandoah St. Park - first visit - what to photograph?  (Read 951 times)

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing

I'm planning a trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway and Shenandoah Valley in the immediate future - end October, 2018.

Suggestions for locations that offer excellent opportunities of capturing the "life time" shot would be appreciated!
Mile markers would be great if you have them.

To get to sites, I do have a somewhat limited hiking capacity, but can make it if it is really worth it!

Also, where to camp.  I have an RV and only need electric hookup.  Want dump station at campground and water, but not necessary at site.

What do you folks suggest?
I'm also flexible on dates.  Thinking the very end of this month, October.  It's only a little over 4 hours from my home in Chapel Hill the the Shenandoah St. Pk.!

As always, your guidance is appreciated.
Jack
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 09:49:50 am by Lust4Life »

rdonson

Sorry for the tardy response.

I've been photographing the  Blue Ridge Parkway seriously now for 15 years.  It never gets old to me.

I highly recommend that first time BRP photographers get this book.  Its worth its weight in gold.  I've met Tim a couple of times and he is an excellent photographer besides painstakingly creating this detailed book.   

Blue Ridge Parkway Vistas: A Comprehensive Identification Guide to What You See from the Many Overlooks

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Ridge-Parkway-Vistas-Identification/dp/0971134839

I also highly recommend stopping by any of the NPS BRP shops to see what they have to offer in the way of guides and books.

I'm not a camper so I can't help much there.
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up