Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Published - Tamrac Anvil 27 Camera Backpack Review  (Read 3237 times)

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Just Published - Tamrac Anvil 27 Camera Backpack Review
« on: October 08, 2018, 09:05:45 pm »

I just published a review and video on the Tamrac Anvil 27 Camera Backpack.  Michael Durr walks us through this backpack that has become a favorite for both him and me.  It's also worth a peek at the opening drone footage. You can find the article HERE.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

ullrichjr

Re: Just Published - Tamrac Anvil 27 Camera Backpack Review
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 12:04:08 am »

But, it is somewhat depicted as a backpack / camera pack suitable for hikes.  Not so, there needs to be a waterproof, externally accessible container at the bottom of the pack.  When one is hiking it is easy to drop the pack on the bottom and the camera equipment should be insulated from the shock by food or clothes.  The ability to stand upright is great, but after several miles in the backcountry, one does not set the backpack down gently....food and clothes are a very good cushion.  It should be at the bottom for shock absorbing and avoid leaks from whatever liquids that are being carried. 

A backpack for day hiking MUST include spaces for water, food, and extra clothing.  Otherwise, not good for hiking in the backcountry.   Not to mention carrying enough emergency situations involving water/clothes/food.  The bottom of a daypack is best!  Based on the experience of hundreds of day hikes.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 12:30:59 am »

...You can find the article HERE.

Kevin,

I was immediately greeted there with an Amazon award pop-up, as discussed in another thread as well, which makes reading the article impossible. I am currently on iPad, if that matters.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 06:57:05 am »

The ad thing has nothing to do with Luminous-Landscape as there is nothing that is part of our site that could trigger that. I have seen it on other site but not Luminous-Landscape. I will talk to our web team and see what they say. I have had it when reading news sites etc. Seems kind of random. There is nothing on our site that should trigger it. 
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 07:43:36 am »

This morning, I visited the Home site and read the backpack review without problems (which I couldn’t do last night). Then came here, to this thread, and clicked on HERE in the OP and again got this:

Kevin Gallagher

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 08:00:56 am »

Morning all, I don't have any problems using Safari on my iMac, however when going in with an older iPad I get the same thing as Slobodan does. However when using a brand new iPhone XS max all is well. Based on this very limited trial I'm guessing that at some point the IOS is able to filter out such junk popups YMMV.
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

nirpat89

• Photography by Niranjan Patel
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 08:23:07 am »

This morning, I visited the Home site and read the backpack review without problems (which I couldn’t do last night). Then came here, to this thread, and clicked on HERE in the OP and again got this:

Something is not kosher.  Amazon is not known to do this kind of cold-calling.  The typo in the first panel seems suspicious. 

terrymcdonagh

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 04:46:51 pm »

I think it's an old design which is outshone by the likes of the lowepro whistler.
It opens up where the panel touches your back, this means when you pick it up off the ground your back doesn't get all wet or mucky, thieves can't access it because it's on your back.
Honestly would never go back to the old style packs like this one.

Jeff

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 05:04:20 pm »

....thieves can't access it because it's on your back.
Honestly would never go back to the old style packs like this one.

Does anyone have any statistics to how many people have had their gear stolen by thieves with these  " old style
 packs "

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 08:30:50 pm »

Terry,  I have tried a lot of the new packs.  You should see my garage.  I even talk about the F-stop bag which opens from the back.  In the end I went back to the old style.  Proven and reliable.  It just works for me.  Each to their own.  I share what I like and use.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Rick Popham

• http://
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 08:57:50 pm »

I have to start looking for a new backpack, so this article is well timed.  I'd also like to add that Michael Durr is a good addition to the LuLa team.  Good work behind the camera, and now in front of it!

bassman51

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 09:14:50 pm »

I've had this pop-up on LuLa as well as other blog and news sites.   Always on an IOS device with current software.  Sometimes revisiting the site helps, other times the spam reappears.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans.

jeremyrh

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 01:51:00 pm »

What I like about the f-stop packs is that they are good for carrying non-camera stuff. In fact I use mine sans inserts for the weekly grocery shopping :-)

amolitor

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2018, 02:15:55 pm »

Ads can come from anywhere. Your ISP may be injecting them, for one thing.

(in what follows I will use "secure" to mean "encrypted" and "insecure" to mean "not encrypted -- because your web browser will most likely describe the things as Secure and Not Secure even though this is a) nonsense and b) just means encrypted versus not encrypted)

This is a pretty good reason, I guess, for making sure you're using the secure version of every page. While the front page automatically redirects from the insecure page (http:...) to the secure one (https:...), the individual articles can still be accessed either way. If you get a bizarre ad popup, try changing the URL to start with https to see if you get a better result.

davidgp

• davidgp fotografia
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2018, 03:13:19 am »

What I like about the f-stop packs is that they are good for carrying non-camera stuff. In fact I use mine sans inserts for the weekly grocery shopping :-)

I also have an f-Stop backpack, but I only use when trekking, for my day to day I use a Mindshift backlight... it also opens from the back and it is not so bulky with also a nice strap system for some short walks

http://dgpfotografia.com

TommyWeir

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2018, 09:25:27 am »

Interesting.  I've been considering the Tenba, I like the three points of entry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzPZSkQMfV4

terrymcdonagh

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2018, 02:21:34 pm »

Does anyone have any statistics to how many people have had their gear stolen by thieves with these  " old style
 packs "

google it im not sure and it's a very good question,  but i'm much happier to know that im limiting the chances of it happening.

terrymcdonagh

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2018, 02:25:31 pm »

Terry,  I have tried a lot of the new packs.  You should see my garage.  I even talk about the F-stop bag which opens from the back.  In the end I went back to the old style.  Proven and reliable.  It just works for me.  Each to their own.  I share what I like and use.
A but have you tried the whistler? you will love it. I'm as fussy as it gets and I love it, but as you say each to their own.
Pages: [1]   Go Up