Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Autumn storm  (Read 273 times)

mseawell

• Mark Seawell's Photo World
Autumn storm
« on: October 06, 2018, 10:28:10 pm »

The white pine trail in Little Cottonwood Canyon Utah is a wonderful hike of nearly 6 miles one way through some pretty remote areas. My wife and I made the attempt on our anniversary, her first visit and my second. I fell just shy of my goal, at over 10,000ft I started to feel unwell and I'm certain the altitude got to me. This time with my wife at my side I was sure I would make it. We started the journey with autumn foliage in full bloom and the temperature was perfect even as we climbed. But, off in the distance I could have sworn I heard thunder or was it a jet? We continued to hike further in but soon the sun disappeared and yeah, DEFINITELY thunder coming much closer. We decided at this point it was time to turn around but it was too late. Within minutes we were drenched in rain followed by a steady hammering of hail! We finally found shelter under a tree but we were soaked and the hail hurt! But within minutes it was all over and the sky opened to show some blue again. this was taken before nature unleashed her fury...autumn storm

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: Autumn storm
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 04:12:26 am »

Wonderful sky! I want more of it!

Jeremy

sdwilsonsct

Re: Autumn storm
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 11:27:15 am »

A fine composition.

stamper