Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tethering and Fuji X-T2 in Capture One  (Read 1745 times)

TommyWeir

Tethering and Fuji X-T2 in Capture One
« on: October 04, 2018, 02:11:49 pm »

Hi all,

I finally got around to tethering with my X-T2 and C1.   Works pretty well as you might expect once you stay at the camera and shoot.  The session you set up with C1 works quickly and imports and displays the files as you shoot.

My problem was at the other end, where I attempted to set up the camera settings while seated at my Mac.   There are some settings which can be altered, the film simulation etc.   But others, far more of interest to me - Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO, where I could not alter beyond the dialed in settings on the camera.  Despite the presence of a pop up menu for Aperture but it automatically snaps back to the dialed in setting on the Fuji.

Is there a setting anywhere I've missed here? I've looked at the C1 videos on tethering and I can see how they alter the settings there but not possible on my setup.  Is there a setting in the Fuji I need to adopt?  I tried full automatic, full manual, shutter and aperture priority.

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
Re: Tethering and Fuji X-T2 in Capture One
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 05:03:58 pm »

I'm using the 30 day trial on Windows. I plan to switch to C1 next year but needed to tether with live view for a still life workshop and C1 was the only one I could get to work with an X-T2. Lightroom was unusable.
The settings that can be altered on screen depend on the camera make and model. The lens I was using had no electronically adjustable aperture, so that was never going to be able to be changed by the software.
In live view the shutter button doesn't work, I had to close it first. But the focus meter tool did. Being able to drop the icon on several point at once to check focus is pretty cool. I had the lens set to manual focus. Most of the panel in live view doesn't work, the settings are carried over from the main tethering window. That said, it works well enough and seems a huge advance over anything else out there.
David

TommyWeir

Re: Tethering and Fuji X-T2 in Capture One
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 04:27:54 am »

I'm really pleased to have it, I guess a bit of trial and error will establish the useful extent of it, which lens will permit etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up