Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Colorado Fall Foliage  (Read 430 times)

Mark Greenberg

Colorado Fall Foliage
« on: October 04, 2018, 11:35:53 am »

I have recently rejoined the Luminous Landscape and look forward to sharing and learning with other members.  As my time in the Gunnison, Colorado area was winding down, I have had the opportunity to go out several mornings in the last 2-3 weeks.  There has been a relatively early foliage change with a predominance of yellow and little orange/red.  Most mornings were either cloudless or completely gray due to extensive cloud cover.  Still, it's always enjoyable just to be out shooting at this time of year.  Wish I could stay longer.

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: Colorado Fall Foliage
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 11:54:50 am »

Nice work. I live in Gunnison! Banner year this year for leaves. I recognize that Kebler red patch. I was kicking myself yesterday morning that I couldn't go to Mill Creek or Ohio Pass for the amazing light and double rainbow in the morning. Oh, well.
If you have been to the High Alpine Brewery, you may have seen my photos on display there. I also have some at the Gunnison Gallery.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 11:58:22 am by MattBurt »
-MattB

Mark Greenberg

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 12:05:58 pm »

I thought you might be the same Matt Burt whose work I have admired at the gallery.  I'm leaving for the winter and shipped my gear home on Tuesday since the forecast at that time was for rain every day--talk about bad decisions.  If ok with you, I would like to meet when I return next May.  Have a good winter and enjoy your photography.

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 12:47:24 pm »

I thought you might be the same Matt Burt whose work I have admired at the gallery.  I'm leaving for the winter and shipped my gear home on Tuesday since the forecast at that time was for rain every day--talk about bad decisions.  If ok with you, I would like to meet when I return next May.  Have a good winter and enjoy your photography.

Thanks! Oh too bad about your gear!
If you really want to get out again I could probably come up with a modest loaner. I'd be happy to meet up in May or whenever. I'm usually around. Maybe we could go shoot. I know a few spots...
-MattB

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 07:29:07 pm »

Love those fall colors! Way to be there. 

Mark Greenberg

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 11:47:37 am »

Thanks Hugh.  It was a beautiful time to be here.  Sorry I need to leave today.

Mark

Kevin Gallagher

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 03:45:17 pm »

Hi Mark and welcome to LULA!! Love the first 3, but number one really caught my eye, I can just picture myself having a nice adult beverage or two on the porch or if it's a cold night, in front of a nice fire inside!!!
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

Mark Greenberg

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2018, 11:17:13 pm »

Thanks Kevin.  The same locale last year had a much different appearance.  The aspens were affected by " blight disease " and lost all the leaves.  It doesn't kill the trees, which appeared normal a year later.

Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up