Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Published - Aurora 2019 – Behind This Weeks Home Page Pictures  (Read 1781 times)

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber

I just published a new article describing how these weeks homepage photos were created using Aurora 2019. You can read it HERE.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Just Published - Aurora 2019 – Behind This Weeks Home Page Pictures
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 07:47:26 am »

I see it is also available as an Lr plug-in. For $99 it could be worthwhile buying at least to experiment with. My main interest would be to see (1) any real advantages over what one can do with the Lr/Ps toolsets, and (2) whether it economizes on file size given how much storage Photoshop Layers can consume. It seems from their website that the current pricing is valid up to the release date of October 4.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Frodo

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 04:49:52 pm »

Kevin thanks for the review.  Certainly many of the photos taken under dull, overcast skies benefited from a bit more punch.
Yes, I agree with Mark - what does Aurora do that LR/PS can't?
I tried Luminar and Affinity and found that there was little they could do that LR couldn't.
I generally dislike the over-use of the HDR / oversaturated look, but in some situations (like many of your photos), they can lift an overwise sombre image.

adri

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 03:29:07 pm »

In some respects, the Auroro processed images have a clearer quality, but at the same time it does still have a bit of that typical HDR look, a kind of artificiality, , and in certain cases it can also destroy a certain mood (even a certain mystery) that the original photo has, and as long as Aurora is fully adjustable, I'm sure you should be able to find a middle ground between "atmosphere" and "punchiness"/clarity.

Some people love the HDR look; I personally not too much. It's often just overdone. of course, to each his/her own. Some love the oversaturated look like Ken Rockwell.

A software that can really turn just a single image around with greater DR is of course fantastic; perosnally I would use processing restraint.

If there is a demo version, I'll try it out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up