Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe website going bonkers?  (Read 909 times)

Frans Waterlander

Adobe website going bonkers?
« on: September 30, 2018, 07:53:30 pm »

When I try to scroll down on the Adobe website with my Windows 7 desktop PC, on any of the pages, I can't; it keeps jumping back up. Other websites seem to be fine. On my PC laptop it just works fine as well. No viruses detected on my desktop. Anybody knows what may be going on?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 07:59:21 pm by Frans Waterlander »

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Re: Adobe website going bonkers?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 11:53:06 pm »

Could it be something caused by Flash? I encountered something similar recently on on another site.

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 11:54:47 pm »

Could it be something caused by Flash? I encountered something similar recently on on another site.

Edit. I don't understand. Could you elaborate? You probably mean the Adobe Flash program. I don't know. Never heard of any issues with Flash. Always update when notified of a new version. I'll bring that up with Adobe when I contact them tomorrow, Monday.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 12:01:36 am by Frans Waterlander »

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 06:06:23 am »

Yes, I meant Adobe Flash. Which I never had installed on any of my computers.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 10:32:27 am »

There’s lots and lots of issues with Adobe flash. Even if you haven’t heard of them.
I very seriously doubt this issue has anything to do with Adobe flash.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 01:25:15 pm »

I really wish companies would separate their marketing and customer support web pages, and avoid all dynamic elements on the latter.  With only a few exceptions, animation, pop-ups, scrolling within frames, and other supposedly eye-catching techniques only tend to slow down the current customer who is engaged in a focused attempt to get information or assistance.  And despite purported standards conformance and client-platform recognition, my experience is that some things which work fine on desktops can be flaky when used on mobile devices, and vice-versa.

Michael West

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 02:20:18 pm »

I really wish companies would separate their marketing and customer support web pages, and avoid all dynamic elements on the latter.  With only a few exceptions, animation, pop-ups, scrolling within frames, and other supposedly eye-catching techniques only tend to slow down the current customer who is engaged in a focused attempt to get information or assistance.  And despite purported standards conformance and client-platform recognition, my experience is that some things which work fine on desktops can be flaky when used on mobile devices, and vice-versa.

the KISS acronym would serve ALL well...for such interfaces! and TEST TEST TEST

i remember one site that allowed one to upload  or link to prospective pages....for testing on DOZENS and DOZENS of browsers on every known computer and operating system

those days appear to have passed, sadly

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 02:56:38 pm »

Switched from Internet Explorer to Google Chrome and problem disappeared. Isn't modern technology wonderful?

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2018, 02:57:24 pm »

No issues on my Mac, under Safari. FWIW.

Jeremy

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2018, 03:42:29 pm »

Switched from Internet Explorer to Google Chrome and problem disappeared. Isn't modern technology wonderful?

I'm using IE, Chrome, Firefox and Opera. All of them have some problems.

FabienP

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2018, 04:05:20 pm »

the KISS acronym would serve ALL well...for such interfaces! and TEST TEST TEST

i remember one site that allowed one to upload  or link to prospective pages....for testing on DOZENS and DOZENS of browsers on every known computer and operating system

those days appear to have passed, sadly

Nowadays many sites only do their testing on Chrome, as it has the highest market share and is available on nearly all operating systems. I would expect browsers using the same rendering engine (Webkit) to mostly work, too. Only Edge, IE and Firefox use other engines (among the major browsers).

Another thing to do when encountering problems is to disable plugins which filter the content of webpages. I am thinking about those that remove trackers and adverts, which are very useful but can break compatibility with some sites.

Cheers,

Fabien
Pages: [1]   Go Up