Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR6 to CC  (Read 1052 times)

Greg D

LR6 to CC
« on: September 25, 2018, 10:55:14 pm »

Hi folks -

Luddite that I am, I've been using LR6 perpetual for awhile, but have now decided to go over to the dark side and give Adobe its monthly tribute.  Any gotchas I should look out for when transitioning?  I've updated a few times, of course, and moved to new computers a time or two, so I know about that - just wondering if this transition is any different.  Thanks for any advice.

-Greg

Frodo

Re: LR6 to CC
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 03:24:08 am »

I did just that, a few days ago. Wentvery smoothly. Decided not install LR CC, just LR Classic CC and PS Cc.
It seems to have converted my catalog and I'm not sure LR 6.14 perpetual can access it.
It appears that LR 6.14 is now LR CC 2015.14. Heck the nomenclature is bad.
If I would do it again, I would keep a copy of the catalog before upgrading.

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 03:56:34 am »

I think any upgrade to something like this should only ever be done when you know you have a reliable archive of data to fall back on.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 06:30:36 am »

Hi folks -

Luddite that I am, I've been using LR6 perpetual for awhile, but have now decided to go over to the dark side and give Adobe its monthly tribute.  Any gotchas I should look out for when transitioning?  I've updated a few times, of course, and moved to new computers a time or two, so I know about that - just wondering if this transition is any different.  Thanks for any advice.

-Greg

No big issues, just watch out that you sign up for the Photography Plan (LR is now called "LR Classic CC") and not the Lightroom Plan which is limited to the cloud-dependent "Lightroom CC". LR Classic will automatically copy your existing catalogue when it upgrades it.

mlewis

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 07:54:21 am »

I did just that, a few days ago. Wentvery smoothly. Decided not install LR CC, just LR Classic CC and PS Cc.
It seems to have converted my catalog and I'm not sure LR 6.14 perpetual can access it.
When you upgrade LR versions previous versions have never been able to access the upgraded catalogues'
When you upgrade LR versions a copy is made of the catalogue and that copy is upgraded.  You are always left with the previous catalogue file in case you need to access it.

Greg D

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 08:16:22 am »

Thanks to all.  Most definitely will have backups (more than one) before jumping.

joejenkinsphoto

• Joe Jenkins Headshot Photography
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 02:37:59 pm »

It's pretty much the same thing. Every now and again you'll try doing something offline and the program will ask you to sign in, primarily because Adobe wants to ensure you're using a licensed copy and see that they're paid, but other than that it isn't really much of an issue.

I switched between the two and never even really noticed a difference.
Pages: [1]   Go Up