Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tethering Oly OMD EM1mkII to LR Classic  (Read 1287 times)

walter.sk

Tethering Oly OMD EM1mkII to LR Classic
« on: September 23, 2018, 05:42:20 pm »

I'm running LRCC on a WIN10 computer.  I've had no problem tethering it to Olympus Capture but when I try to tether it in Lightroom all I get is "no camera detected."  I've tried connecting the camera first and then opening LR, and opening LR before connecting the camera.  I use the same choice on the camera LCD (the icon showing a computer and camera) but have also tried Storage, MTP, and PCM Recorder, to no avail.

Has anybody tethered this camera or other Oly to LR?

jrsforums

Re: Tethering Oly OMD EM1mkII to LR Classic
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 05:51:48 pm »

I'm running LRCC on a WIN10 computer.  I've had no problem tethering it to Olympus Capture but when I try to tether it in Lightroom all I get is "no camera detected."  I've tried connecting the camera first and then opening LR, and opening LR before connecting the camera.  I use the same choice on the camera LCD (the icon showing a computer and camera) but have also tried Storage, MTP, and PCM Recorder, to no avail.

Has anybody tethered this camera or other Oly to LR?

Nikon, Canon, some Leica

Here’s list: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

You can set up ‘Watched Folders’ in LR
https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/lightroom/help/import-photos-automatically.html
John

walter.sk

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 06:20:01 pm »

Thanks for the links.  I'll try the watched folder routine along with Olympus Capture.  Am I naive for thinking that Adobe would have programmed Oly and other popular cameras into the Tether routine, directly?

walter.sk

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 08:18:55 pm »

Just tried the workaround, and it does the job.  However, the time involved before the image gets imported into LR is annoying at best.  It would seem to me that there should have been, by now, a way for micro-4/3 cameras to be tethered directly to LR.  Maybe there's some proprietary licensing issue involved.

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 02:57:03 am »

Tethering is a dog with LR. An oversight in my opinion. It has resulted in me moving to C1. I still use LR but not nearly as much as I once did.
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up