Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copying Color  (Read 794 times)

Robert Boire

• www.robertboire.ca
Copying Color
« on: September 20, 2018, 12:33:12 pm »

Is there a way in LR to copy color (and nothing else) from one part of an image to another part of the image, or even to a different image?

I have tried this, but the result if far from replacement of the original color.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Copying Color
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 01:51:38 pm »

Is there a way in LR to copy color (and nothing else) from one part of an image to another part of the image, or even to a different image?...

Yes.

However, you have to know that the color brush in LR works as a "color wash, not a solid paint stroke," as noted in the link you provided.

Robert Boire

• www.robertboire.ca
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 03:02:01 pm »

Maybe I was not clear...

I meant to reproduce the color so that it does not look like a wash. ie is there a way to 'clone' the color from the target -ie same RGB rather than creating a wash? I experimented with the method in the link...its not even close to the target. Or is there I tool that allows me to select the color by specifying the RGB numbers?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 03:26:29 pm »

No, you can not do in LR what you described. You'd need  Photoshop for that.

Perhaps it is hairsplitting, but the color itself is the same RGB and it is identical to the target. What is different is that when you apply it to the destination, it is affected by the underlying luminosity and color at the destination.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 03:35:43 pm »

What is possible, however, is to replace one color with another, taking into account the above mentioned limitations. Here is an example where I replaced the yellow umbrella with a blue one:

E. Dinur

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 02:48:07 am »

In the Local Adjustments panel set the Saturation to -100 so that you are not blending the color wash with the original but rather with a neutral (i.e., essentially colorless) base. But since what you are cloning is only two parameters of the HSL source, Hue and Saturation, you will need to play with the tonal controls, Exposure etc., to get the Luminance that you want.
Pages: [1]   Go Up