Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon EOS R and TS17  (Read 1871 times)

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
Canon EOS R and TS17
« on: September 15, 2018, 06:05:50 am »

Does someone know if the EOS R with adapter will be compatible with the 17mm TS?

Tx

scooby70

Re: Canon EOS R and TS17
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 07:06:48 am »

Why wouldn't it be?

I suppose another thing to think about is if that's the lens you want to use could you use it on a better body?

TonyVentourisPhotography

• Unlocking Olympus
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 11:25:31 am »

That means finally an easy solution for a circular polarizer with the 17tse when working with interiors!
Tony
Unlockingolympus.com (ebooks & blog on getting the most from your OMD & Pen)
tonyventourisphotography.com (Commercial Photography)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 06:33:58 pm »

Will any CPL be usable or will the risk of reflections with sensor limit which can be used?

I know that the rearmost element of modern lenses has special coating to reduce this risk, in particular when it sits close to the sensor.

I am also wondering whether this increases the risk of dust on the sensor?

Cheers,
Bernard

DP

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 10:12:52 am »

Will any CPL be usable
what do you mean by any ? "Canon Drop-In Filter Mount Adapter EF-EOS R with Circular Polarizer Filter" includes a filter which one assume has proper coating and you can't just drop in some other in it...

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 04:37:06 am »

what do you mean by any ? "Canon Drop-In Filter Mount Adapter EF-EOS R with Circular Polarizer Filter" includes a filter which one assume has proper coating and you can't just drop in some other in it...

On the drop in filter used in super teles you typically can mount any filter you like.

Cheers,
Bernard

guido

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 09:15:58 am »

As an EF 11-24f/4L user I'm looking forward to a landscape grade RF mount body to use the drop in filter adapter with. Patience...

Kirk_C

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 04:23:06 pm »

Does someone know if the EOS R with adapter will be compatible with the 17mm TS?

Tx

Canon knows.

"The Drop-in Filter Mount Adapter EF-EOS R enables compatibility with EF and EF-S lenses and includes drop-in filter capability for use with circular polarizing filters or variable ND filters. This enhancement enables compatibility with numerous lenses regardless of their front diameter, and makes filter use possible with lenses like the ultra-wide EF 11–24mm f/4L USM lens or the tilt-shift TS-E 17mm f/4L lens which cannot accept a filter on the front."

armand

• Photos
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 10:10:56 pm »

Forgive my ignorance but wasn't a polarizer filter not recommend with ultra wide lenses because of uneven polarization?

PS. I'm talking about landscape use, I get that indoor one can benefit from reduced reflections

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 04:18:56 am »

Forgive my ignorance but wasn't a polarizer filter not recommend with ultra wide lenses because of uneven polarization?

PS. I'm talking about landscape use, I get that indoor one can benefit from reduced reflections

Yes, indeed. The only case for landscape where I have found PL useful for wide angle is to reduce reflections from wet leaves or a body of water for instance.

Cheers,
Bernard

Kirk_C

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 02:39:58 am »

Yes, indeed. The only case for landscape where I have found PL useful for wide angle is to reduce reflections from wet leaves or a body of water for instance.

Controlling a reflection is one great reason to use a CPL and why canon engineered a solution. I don't need more than one reason, one is enough.  ;D

TonyVentourisPhotography

• Unlocking Olympus
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 07:44:42 am »

Also...uneven polarization is only an issue if you only have one shot.  If you take several shots rotating the polarizer...you can selectively paint in the reduced reflections in the areas you want while leaving a sky clean. 
Tony
Unlockingolympus.com (ebooks & blog on getting the most from your OMD & Pen)
tonyventourisphotography.com (Commercial Photography)

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 07:44:50 am »

Controlling a reflection is one great reason to use a CPL and why canon engineered a solution. I don't need more than one reason, one is enough.  ;D

Certainly!

Cheers,
Bernard
Pages: [1]   Go Up