Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji X-T2 - ISO Auto Setting  (Read 1044 times)

brianrybolt

Fuji X-T2 - ISO Auto Setting
« on: September 11, 2018, 09:32:09 am »

When I set my iso auto setting the camera seems to reject the parameters that I set.  No matter what I set, particularly the shutter speed.  I may be in an environment that is dark, for example, and the shutter will go off other than what I set it to.  The reverse is true.  I would rather not have my camera fire at all than fire outside the parameters that I have set.  Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,  Brian

rdonson

Re: Fuji X-T2 - ISO Auto Setting
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 06:07:10 pm »

What mode are you shooting in???
Regards,
Ron

brianrybolt

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 06:12:07 pm »

Usually in single shot mode - 80%;  continuous. -  20%.

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 07:34:20 pm »

According to page 153 of the manual, if the picture may be underexposed, the camera may select a slower shutter speed than then one you have set.
I'd go full manual. I've done this a lot and the shadow recovery in a raw converter on really underexposed image is very good.
David

armand

• Photos
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 11:19:45 pm »

When I set my iso auto setting the camera seems to reject the parameters that I set.  No matter what I set, particularly the shutter speed.  I may be in an environment that is dark, for example, and the shutter will go off other than what I set it to.  The reverse is true.  I would rather not have my camera fire at all than fire outside the parameters that I have set.  Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,  Brian

In aperture mode this happens if it reaches the upper limit of the set ISO than if the picture will be underexposed the camera will slow down under the set exposure time. In shutter priority or manual it will not change the shutter speed. It should not change the ISO beyond the set limits.

faberryman

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 06:17:13 pm »

I have seen this criticism before, that some people would rather not have the camera fire at all than to fire outside the Auto ISO parameters. If you are paying attention to shutter speed, aperture and ISO in the viewfinder, you'll know when your preferred settings are not possible given the actual lighting conditions, and can choose to shoot or not shoot.

brianrybolt

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 06:39:45 am »

I have seen this criticism before, that some people would rather not have the camera fire at all than to fire outside the Auto ISO parameters. If you are paying attention to shutter speed, aperture and ISO in the viewfinder, you'll know when your preferred settings are not possible given the actual lighting conditions, and can choose to shoot or not shoot.
Yes, I agree with you on this but it doesn't work in fast moving situations.
Cheers,
Brian

faberryman

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2018, 10:44:39 am »

Yes, I agree with you on this but it doesn't work in fast moving situations.
My personal experience is that in fast moving situations it is not the overall lighting which is fast moving bit the subject. I am aware when the lighting conditions are such that I am on the edge of my Auto ISO settings, usually meaning there is marginal light for my minimum shutter speed choice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up