Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue with Sessions  (Read 1298 times)

JaapD

Issue with Sessions
« on: September 03, 2018, 01:40:12 am »

Hi, I’m running into a problem with Sessions and hope you’re able to help me with this, let me explain.

By default C1 stores the Capture folder contents on C:\user\pictures. Not only the RAW files will be stored there but also the cof files containing all the adjustments. When moving this folder to another location, preferably to the actual capture folder so I’ve got all my data in one main folder, the link gets broken and I’ve lost all my adjustments.

Q: is there any way I can move the capture folder to a new location while I’m still able to regain my adjustments?

Please keep in mind that this is about already created sessions. I’m aware that I’m able to correct this during the creation of a new session. I'm running on Win.

Thanks in advance for your support  :)

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Re: Issue with Sessions
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 02:18:44 am »

Make sure the location of your sessions folders are defined as "Relative to document" instead of "Absolute"

In the library panel, select "Show info" (shown on the 1st attached image) and then confirm for each of the session folder that the location is "relative to document" (as shown in the second attached image)

JaapD

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 04:43:28 am »

Make sure the location of your sessions folders are defined as "Relative to document" instead of "Absolute"

Hi Francisco, thanks for your swift reply. By making the session folder 'Relative' I'm able to move it elsewhere and still maintain the link to the session folders' cof files containing the adjustments, right? Any requirements on the session folders' move action; should I do this from within C1 and if so then how should I do this?

Regards,
Jaap.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 05:34:07 am »

By making the session folder 'Relative' I'm able to move it elsewhere and still maintain the link to the session folders' cof files containing the adjustments, right?

Yes, relative should be the default. If you kept all the originals & output in the session subfolders, you should be able to move the entire session using the windows explorer, no need to do this from within C1.

JaapD

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 06:20:21 am »

Yes, relative should be the default. If you kept all the originals & output in the session subfolders, you should be able to move the entire session using the windows explorer, no need to do this from within C1.
Clear! Thanks again Francisco, it's much appreciated. Grazie!
Regards,
Jaap.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 08:53:54 am »

COS files contain the adjustments
COF files contain the calculated focus mask

JaapD

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 09:12:27 am »

COS files contain the adjustments