Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XRite i1ISIS_2_XL feed issues  (Read 1363 times)

rxchaos

XRite i1ISIS_2_XL feed issues
« on: September 02, 2018, 10:46:58 am »

The maximum paper thickness the I1ISIS_2_XL accepts is 0.45mm. It's been a struggle to feed sheets that're .32mm and .37mm (Epson Legacy Baryta and Canson Baryta Prestige).  The rollers don't seem to grasp the inserted paper, and it takes a few tries.  I was going to call XRrite's support  in the morning.

This problem also persists with other papers of lesser thickness - 0.15mm (Hahnemuhle Rice).

I ran XRite's i1ProfilerDigagnostics and when the test sheet doesn't feed correctly there's a a message in the log file with the line...
    Paper detection: Successful
    Y-motor: Fail (Not working or wrong test chart)

Anyone experienced this issue?

Doug Gray

Re: XRite i1ISIS_2_XL feed issues
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 12:07:27 pm »

I have the same i1iSis.

Canson rag 310gsm is right at .45mm. While it works, I have to push the paper and keep a bit of force on it until the feeder grabs the paper.

The main problem I have with that paper (and the 210 gsm to a lesser extent) is that matte black ink, even well dried, leaves roller tracks. I have to adjust the patch width and offset so the tracks run through the patch edges. Then, after finishing, I run a few blank papers to clean the rollers so they don't leave tracks on whatever I scan next.

rxchaos

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 06:30:35 pm »

Doug,

How does one run blank pages through?  Is there a hidden utility within i1Profiler?

Doug Gray

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 08:55:15 pm »

Doug,

How does one run blank pages through?  Is there a hidden utility within i1Profiler?
First you have to make it think you are loading a chart so pick anything like the 957 patch letter size iSis default and click "measure". It feeds about half way through looking for the registration bar (6mm width). Then gives up and backs out. Just do that a few times putting the paper in in slightly different offsets to clean the rollers.

Ethan Hansen

• Dry Creek Photo
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 10:25:49 am »

If all else fails, open the cover and gently swab the rollers. Clean the white tile with pure methanol while you're in there. Thick papers spall off particles that cover the calibration tile. Well before the iSis complains about a dirty reference, the measurements begin drifting.

narikin

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 02:18:14 pm »

If all else fails, open the cover and gently swab the rollers. Clean the white tile with pure methanol while you're in there. Thick papers spall off particles that cover the calibration tile. Well before the iSis complains about a dirty reference, the measurements begin drifting.

Love to know how to open the cover? Any photos or advice welcome.
My iSiS XL (first version) is pretty old now and probably needs a clean.

Doug Gray

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 03:13:24 pm »

Love to know how to open the cover? Any photos or advice welcome.
My iSiS XL (first version) is pretty old now and probably needs a clean.
You just pull the cover from the front shroud center, flexing it and it unsnaps. It's a strong snap/unsnap.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 12:21:40 pm »

You just pull the cover from the front shroud center, flexing it and it unsnaps. It's a strong snap/unsnap.
It's ridiculously tight on multiple units, a pretty awful design.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Doug Gray

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 01:50:39 pm »

It's ridiculously tight on multiple units, a pretty awful design.

It sure is. Fortunately it does snap open with sufficient force though you sure can't tell from looking at it.

Ethan Hansen

• Dry Creek Photo
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 08:13:03 pm »

Tip the iSis back away from you and there is a coin slot under the center of the cover (directly below the i1 logo on a regular iSis, slightly to the right on an XL). Insert a suitable sized tool - a US quarter is perfect - then twist.
Pages: [1]   Go Up