Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Diy Viewing light with yujileds  (Read 1973 times)

loomitz

My Diy Viewing light with yujileds
« on: September 01, 2018, 12:20:32 am »

Hi guys, the last week i made a new little proyect, I have modified my old lamp to bring better leds and to have a better light for color appreciation, in this case I have decided to use the VTC Series High CRI MCPCB from YUJI LEDs and I think the results have been very good

I have ordered a kit of 10 pcbs with LEDs at 5000k with two power supplys, i share the results and the color measurement of them.

i mesured the color with CTA of babelcolor, the whites are a little off form 500k they are 4872k, but the CRI is pretty high :D.

Alexey.Danilchenko

• Spectron
Re: My Diy Viewing light with yujileds
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 06:46:23 am »

Brilliant results - well done! Yuji VTC are very stable with the good power supplies - in my case with my custom constant current one, I am getting CRI > 98 consistently, and more importantly stable spectrum with not much fluctuation.

Ethan Hansen

• Dry Creek Photo
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 10:22:51 am »

Agreed. The key is the power supply. If the voltage fluctuates, the light output and effective color temperature both vary. We've used these strips more and more as replacements for dying tungsten booths.

Alexey.Danilchenko

• Spectron
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 03:33:11 pm »

Agreed. The key is the power supply. If the voltage fluctuates, the light output and effective color temperature both vary. We've used these strips more and more as replacements for dying tungsten booths.

Current not voltage - though usually one follows the other.

Doug Gray

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 05:08:40 pm »

Very nice!

Best to print with M1 type profiles on any paper with significant OBAs. These LEDs have D50 levels of uV (ISO3364-2009).

loomitz

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 12:03:52 pm »

yes, this time bought the power source that yuji sells, but did you know some 200w power supply of good quality?, because I'm starting another project with these LEDs and yuji only sells 48w

Alexey.Danilchenko

• Spectron
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 05:10:40 pm »

yes, this time bought the power source that yuji sells, but did you know some 200w power supply of good quality?, because I'm starting another project with these LEDs and yuji only sells 48w

Mean Well does 24V 10A power supplies for LEDs - https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/MEAN-WELL/ELG-240-24A?qs=sGAEpiMZZMt5PRBMPTWcac7t9nCjrCA9tfX%2f1fbba2gnv8p0S2Vpcw%3d%3d

Ethan Hansen

• Dry Creek Photo
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 01:05:32 am »

Mean Well does 24V 10A power supplies for LEDs - https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/MEAN-WELL/ELG-240-24A?qs=sGAEpiMZZMt5PRBMPTWcac7t9nCjrCA9tfX%2f1fbba2gnv8p0S2Vpcw%3d%3d

Depends what your input voltage is. The Mean Well needs 305V input to reach maximum output power. If you are stuck with wall power of 120VAC, the highest output drivers I found are Inspired LED #3759 (300W) and #3749 at 150W. Neither appears readily available.

If you have 240 VAC available the Samsung SL-L2282B001KR is old but capable. Your best choice here could well be ERP Power. We use one of their drivers (@120VAC in) and it works well with a lower load. The units I linked all require 277VAC for a 260W output; 240VAC in should get you in the neighborhood of 200W. The unit we have sports 93% efficiency and has worked well.

Alexey.Danilchenko

• Spectron
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 12:01:39 pm »

Depends what your input voltage is. The Mean Well needs 305V input to reach maximum output power. If you are stuck with wall power of 120VAC, the highest output drivers I found are Inspired LED #3759 (300W) and #3749 at 150W. Neither appears readily available.

At US voltages it seems to be rated at 7.5A (180W at 24V output) so not far below 10A. But you are correct, 10A output will be achievable with EU mains.

alain

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 05:36:21 pm »

Is there a know reputable online seller of the LED's in the EU?

Majohnson

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2018, 09:46:37 am »

Alain, you can purchase them directly from the manufacturer.

https://store.yujiintl.com/collections/vtc-d50-series

I bought some here in Australia and got them delivered without issue.

I'm about to start a similar project to this one!

Regards
Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up