Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SC P800 Fine art paper choice missing  (Read 1115 times)

martabrody

SC P800 Fine art paper choice missing
« on: August 23, 2018, 09:22:21 pm »

Today for the first time I am unable to choose the fine art paper path for any size paper in the page set up in Lightroom.  It is missing as a choice. Also the paper sizes are not the same as before.  There is no choice for 13 x 19 inch paper, a size that I use all the time. In the Print Settings dialogue the media type does not show the any of Legacy Papers I have been using.  I tried removing the printer and adding it again.  No change.  I tried downloading the printer driver package again and installing with no change.  I tried contacting Epson support but have not heard back yet and was hoping that someone here might me able to help me.  I also tried updating LR CC today but the update did not go past 3% so I cancelled it.  I don't know if this is related to the issue with the printer.

martabrody

Re: SC P800 Fine art paper choice missing
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 11:26:20 pm »

I was able to resolve the problem by updating LR and reinstalling the printer driver.  The problem may have been caused by an incomplete update because the printer menus have changed since the update.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 08:24:11 am »

I'm wondering whether you are being hung-up by the choice of printer driver. (What OS are you using?). If for some reason you are using the Airprint driver rather than the Series driver, this could cause various options to be not available. I suggest deleting the printer, re-add it, and in the process of doing so, where the choice of driver arises, select the Series driver. Or more drastically, uninstall the Epson driver altogether, download the latest version for your operating system and when installing it, make sure to select the Series driver. It's a bit tricky because Airprint shows up by default, but you need to select Series. Even if the problem is not the driver choice, uninstyalling and reinstalling the Epson driver with the latest version for your OS may solve your problem.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

martabrody

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 09:11:30 am »

Thanks for your reply!  I did all the steps that you have suggested, but the problem didn't resolve until I was able to update LR completely.  I think the problem was caused by cancelling the update that was not progressing due to a slow internet connection.  The menus for printing have been changed with the paper path being chosen in the printer settings rather than the page set up.  I don't know if this change is due to the LR update or the new printer driver.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 09:17:26 am »

Glad you resolved it.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: [1]   Go Up