Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kraft paper in rolls  (Read 1361 times)

henrikolsen

Kraft paper in rolls
« on: August 18, 2018, 04:24:36 pm »

I’m printing a project on kraft paper in sheets at the moment, but would like to find some in rolls for larger sizes and/or longer lengths. Currently in need of 24” width. I’ve found unnamed or random hobby shop white labeled sheets in A-sizes (think A2 was the biggest). Now in search for rolls, but haven’t found anything yet.

Any tips? Available in Europe, for reasonable shipping. Thanks.

DougDolde

• Images of the American West
Re: Kraft paper in rolls
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 07:12:37 pm »

You mean brown paper?  Home Depot sells 36" rolls but I've never tried to print on it

henrikolsen

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 11:34:20 pm »

You mean brown paper?  Home Depot sells 36" rolls but I've never tried to print on it

Yes. Looking for a source in Europe.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield

Herbc

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 12:42:55 pm »

Would love to know what you are printing on it. 

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 06:09:38 pm »

Intriguing. Please share your idea(s) and results!
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

henrikolsen

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 01:46:33 pm »

Intriguing. Please share your idea(s) and results!

It's for creative play with the brown paper base and structure of matt kraft paper. The more shiny variants I dislike. But for the matt ones I like the unprinted surface look on some of the found materials. The raw surface cannot just be replicated by simulating the color and look on white paper (to me). The gamut is of course small and funky with the strong brown base, and is obviously not a paper replacement for normal white paper. But I have been doing some more graphical (low gamut or entirely mono) prints I'd like to move on with. Not public currently though. Fun, both artisticly and technically. Haven't found a suitable 24" roll yet though for regular 2 or 3" spindle.

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2018, 09:43:50 am »

It’s great to know people are still experimenting! Keep in touch.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

Scott Hein

• Hein Natural History Photography
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 01:48:19 pm »

This probably won't help since you are looking for a supplier in Europe, but uline in the us sells Kraft paper in 24 and 36" rolls.

https://www.uline.com/BL_1142/Virgin-Kraft-Paper?keywords=Kraft+Paper+Rolls

We use this for packing material.  You might investigate similar companies in Europe that sell shipping supplies.

-Scott

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

henrikolsen

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2018, 11:05:51 am »

Thanks. The rolls I've found so far from similar shipping supply companies have been with a very thin material, indeed intended for packaging. The paper I've got in sheets can be found quite thick like more normal printing paper. The packaging rolls seem rather different. Perhaps the thick kraft paper simply isn't available in rolls (at least at a consumer level).

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2018, 03:20:17 pm »

Thanks. The rolls I've found so far from similar shipping supply companies have been with a very thin material, indeed intended for packaging. The paper I've got in sheets can be found quite thick like more normal printing paper. The packaging rolls seem rather different. Perhaps the thick kraft paper simply isn't available in rolls (at least at a consumer level).

This is interesting, I had no idea Kraft might be made in such different thicknesses.

I found these, might not help but you could perhaps call them to see if they have a European distributor, and if rolls of the type you're looking for are available
http://www.oren-intl.com/blog/bid/359426/6-Types-of-Kraft-Paper-and-Their-Best-Business-Uses
http://www.oren-intl.com/kraft-paper

jwittes

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2018, 11:04:07 am »

Have you tried a framing supply shop?  We use brown craft paper as a dust cover on the back of wood framed prints.  It's sold in 36" and 48" rolls.  It's heavier than some of the stuff from a shipping supply store.  We get ours here: 
https://www.larsonjuhl.com/Our-Products/Supplies/?category=Packaging%20Supplies&ljexlusive=no&conservation=no&filter_type=Supplies
Pages: [1]   Go Up