Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Incomperable Z3200  (Read 659 times)

robertDthomas

• Robert Thomas Photography
The Incomperable Z3200
« on: August 14, 2018, 12:23:18 pm »

A couple years ago I had the belt fail on my Z3200 and noisy (grinding) sound from my powersupply fan.  I had some backlog of work and wanted to try out Epson so bought a P9000 to process the work.  After a few months I repaired the Z3200 with a lot of help from Mark Lindquist and had it back running.  Used it along with the Epson for awhile but work dropped off and I preferred the speed and quietness of the Epson so turned off the HP.  Things picked up and went to the HP to restart and found I had left it off for 10 MONTHS.  I just agitated the cartridges and then fired it up, calibrated a paper and it worked fine.  No head cleaning or anything else.  Printed several prints and all fine.  AMAZING.  I still prefer the speed and how quite the P9000 is when its not printing but I have done periodic cleaning of heads on the Epson and none with the HP.

John Nollendorfs

Re: The Incomperable Z3200
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 03:41:50 pm »

Robert:
Speed is relative. The Z is very quiet when not running, unless you have a very noisy powersupply fan. Have you tried the high sample profiling targets of the Z, and compared results with the Epson. Would be interesting to hear about the comparative results!
Pages: [1]   Go Up