Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Published - Michael Reichmann on Mirrorless 2014  (Read 4656 times)

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Re: Just Published - Michael Reichmann on Mirrorless 2014
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2018, 10:58:53 am »

Thanks for the comments.  Chris has been combing his archives.  Who knows what other treasures are lurking there.  We have selected a new Master for the next Master video and I hope we can start that later this year.  I have a surgical procedure on my hip that will keep me for traveling for 2 months.  Lot's planned for that downtime though.  And, I am working on doing the video journal style again.  Actually, on location this week and will be doing one with a print talk after.  Stay tuned.

oh, all the Nikon - Canon mirrorless stuff will dominate headlines in the next two months.  Let's see what happens next.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2018, 10:59:35 am »

Ron, your post reminded me of the ugly truth that all this gear degrades in marketable value so rapidly and so completely these days. Technical usefulness outlives commercial value by years and years.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Rand47

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2018, 11:27:30 am »

Simply wonderful video watched with joy and sadness.

Dave S

+1

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

Kevin Gallagher

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2018, 11:58:36 am »

I must simply add my complete agreement to what Dave said about joy and sadness.
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2018, 01:09:48 pm »

Help me out here Chris and Kevin--I know I have seen this video before on the Luminous Landscape site. Are you sure this was never published before? ...

Never published before - I only just cut it last week. I had completed all the Luminous Endowment videos that were done on this shoot including the one on Michael's Retrospective book but not this add-on discussion. Kevin wore the same memorable shirt throughout the day. Perhaps this is what you remember?

ysengrain

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2018, 01:21:02 pm »

Really moving to watch Michael.

And on a light note: I see Kevin competing with Jeff on shirts? Is that even possible?  :-)

Yes but the combination of this shirt and the napkin … beurk  :P

Telecaster

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2018, 04:20:03 pm »

Ron, your post reminded me of the ugly truth that all this gear degrades in marketable value so rapidly and so completely these days. Technical usefulness outlives commercial value by years and years.

At the same time, though, mirrorless tech has brought a whole host of "obsolete" lenses back into play in the electronic arena. Want to use Canon FD, Contax/Nikon rangefinder, M42 mount, etc. lenses on the latest whizbang computer-with-a-sensor? You can. In some cases you can even autofocus 'em!

-Dave-

drralph

• Ralph's Instagram
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2018, 12:15:40 pm »

I recall Michael and Kevin exchanging similar views on the present and future of mirrorless in another video published in the site.  It doesn't surprise me that such deeply held and important opinions found their way into more than one recording session.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up