Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying something new and excited about it...  (Read 807 times)

denalilap

Trying something new and excited about it...
« on: August 11, 2018, 01:30:39 am »

I just picked up an R67 body, 127mm lens and 120 back that all appear to be in good condition. I ever shot MF before. I ordered the kit on an impulse and was actually thinking of canceling the order, given that I'm in a perpetual state of spending money on this hobby for which there is probably a more tangible (possibly more prudent) use. After receiving the RZ67 and reviewing a series of videos that provide an in-depth overview of the system, I'm even more enamored with this kit. Obviously, the final determinant will be whether or not I'm able to use it to produce images that are satisfactory.

I recently purchased a D850, which I was also excited to start using but have not had much chance to do so, for a number of reasons. Surprisingly, I think I might actually be more excited about getting out and using the RZ67. I'm not generally drawn to retro pursuits but there is something about shooting film and the stripped-down functionality that I find I'm drawn to. We'll see.

There is no point to this post, other than to note my enthusiasm at trying something new (to me) in this domain.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Trying something new and excited about it...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 02:02:54 am »

Congrats on the new experiment.

I also find that different gear often helps look at things differently.

Cheers,
Bernard

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 08:31:09 am »

Congrats on the new experiment.

I also find that different gear often helps look at things differently.

Cheers,
Bernard

Yeah. Like a paintbox and a brush. Megapixels unknown.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 08:54:20 am »

Best wishes.

New gear, of any kind, can often inspire the creative juices. Especially when it's fundamentally different than your normal gear.

Two23

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 10:03:52 am »

I'm constantly buying and using vintage camera gear for the thrill it gives me.  I've found it has really sharpened my understanding of composition and exposure.  Today I'm off to a Civil War re-enactors gathering.  I'm shooting a 4x5 dry plates with one lens from 1858 and another from 1851. :)   This combo will give me the vintage look I'm after.  And yes, buying old camera gear can get expensive.  I try to sell anything I'm not using to keep the total amount of $$ down.  The Mamiya 67 system is fun to use and versatile.  Unlike the D850, you should be able to resell it a few years from now for what you paid for it.

Kent in SD

Qui sedes ad dexteram Patris,
miserere nobis.
Pages: [1]   Go Up