Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Video and Article with Michael Reichmann  (Read 4391 times)

Al DaValle

Re: New Video and Article with Michael Reichmann
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2018, 05:12:14 pm »

Chris and Kevin,

Love this video of Chris and Michael.  You two made a wonderful team.  Your friendship and mutual respect and appreciation really comes through in this piece.

This is a perfect example of the type of video I would like to see much more of in LuLa.  Calm, humble, sincere and thoughtful presentation of good work!!!

Warm regards,
Al DaValle

www.davallephotography.com

dxhimages

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2018, 08:41:56 pm »

Thanks so much for posting that video. I truly miss Michael’s “chats” as well as his wonderful photos. He is missed.

Morris Taub

• morristaubphotography
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2018, 05:31:11 am »

Thanks for this 'new' video Chris. Instructive. Bitter sweet.

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2018, 06:20:24 am »

Thank you Chris for digging out this nugget of enjoyment from the depths of your hard disk for us all, and I can only hope that you keep digging and finding what other things you have for us, completed or otherwise.

I have been wondering (for some time) if you guys didn't ought to put together an in-depth video about Michael, you know like every other great photographer through history has been made of them and their story, such as the Ansel Adams Documentary Film. Because I would put Michael up there with any of the greats of modern photography, especially his way of teaching and communicating easily with his audience.

So here we are, discussing perhaps the most significant photographer of our age and his passing, yet we have no video homage to him, or his work, or his life.

I would also suggest that if you did do this, that you then make it available on Lula through a donation to the Luminous Endowment.

Oh and can I also suggest, that you make all of the old videos available that Michael and you made, such as "Capture to Print" and any other videos that you have that are now retired, or that you think have been superseded etc, because why not? As I am sure there is still quite an audience that would enjoy this work  :)

Dave
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 06:37:27 am by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

Tony Ovens

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2018, 07:10:04 am »

Chris
Thanks so much for this video and article. Michael's style was entirely engaging, natural, no shadow of self importance, often in fact leaving room for questioning, for humour. I enjoyed the conversation in this video, a conversation between equals, both respecting the other and both having something interesting to contribute. Anyway I'll stop rambling, I miss Michael's presence in Lula very much.
Tony

bns

• Boudewijn Swanenburg Photography
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2018, 09:21:42 am »

Outstanding, unforgettable & enjoyable. Pure love for photography - and for Michael.

cheers,
Boudewijn Swanenburg

davidgp

• davidgp fotografia
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2018, 09:24:12 am »

Great video Chris, many thanks for sharing this!!!

If you find more vídeos like this in your hard drives, please, edit them, and share them. I always loved how Michael talked about photography and his personal approach to photography. Very inspiring videos.

Regards,

David

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2018, 10:17:02 am »

...I have been wondering (for some time) if you guys didn't ought to put together an in-depth video about Michael, you know like every other great photographer through history has been made of them and their story, such as the Ansel Adams Documentary Film. Because I would put Michael up there with any of the greats of modern photography, especially his way of teaching and communicating easily with his audience.
So here we are, discussing perhaps the most significant photographer of our age and his passing, yet we have no video homage to him, or his work, or his life.
Dave

A good suggestion Dave and one that I am inclined toward. Thanks!

For those who might wish to contribute either video or audio recording about Michael, his photography, his teaching or his life, please PM or email me. chrissATluminous-landscape.com.
I would prefer you did not post here on the Forum so that I can manage any expectations with care. This would be a long-term project.

Chris S

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2018, 11:56:15 am »

I didn't know that Michael was originally a Brit and born in England. I know you are originally a Brit Chris, but never realised Michael was also.

Here's an old interview with Michael that I have just turned up but never seen before and my doesn't he look the proper geek in that photo  :)

Dave

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2018, 07:12:06 pm »

¡Me gustó mucho esta película!

My wife and I visited San Miguel de Allende for the first time last year in part because I was so taken with the pictures Michael Reichmann always posted after spending his winters there.  So it was a real pleasure to discover what was going through his mind while he was shooting.

I’ve learned a lot about the technical aspects of photography from the videos on this site, Chris, but this new opportunity you have offered us to see and hear how such a talented artist went about his craft is even more valuable than the techie stuff.  If you have any more caches of Reichmann video to share, by all means do so.  And whether you do or not, I suspect I’m not the only subscriber who would be interested in seeing more short documentaries along these lines.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2018, 08:32:34 pm »

If you have any more caches of Reichmann video to share, by all means do so.  ................. interested in seeing more short documentaries along these lines.

Yes indeed. 100%.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

ysengrain

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2018, 01:38:40 am »

So interesting…
I would honestly admit that I like what touches me better than what moves me

Rand47

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2018, 10:18:45 am »

Chris,

Thank you for this.  I want to add my appreciation for the unique person that Michael was.  As others have said, there is something about his demeanor that is winsome in the extreme.  I always felt as though he was a friend, though I’d never met him.

His genius was itself “gentle.”  But it was profound, too.  His passion for the artistry in photography still inspires.

Let me add my support for the video biography. 

In the mean time, perhaps in the Founder’s Page should have reference to, and links, to this video, the bloopers video, and other appropriate video content of Michael?

Rand

PS -  Let me add my vote to see you in front of the camera more!  Me thinks LULA is missing something special by having you always behind it!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 10:22:19 am by Rand47 »
Rand Scott Adams

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2018, 12:52:51 pm »

We have another video we just found that we will publish on Monday made in 2014 about mirrorless cameras.  It's Michael at his best. 
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Kevin Gallagher

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2018, 01:39:56 pm »

We have another video we just found that we will publish on Monday made in 2014 about mirrorless cameras.  It's Michael at his best.

Thats great Kevin. Looking forward to viewing it, many thanks to you and Chris!
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up