Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cobwebs  (Read 2736 times)

jani

• Øyet
Cobwebs
« on: October 15, 2006, 07:38:50 pm »

I'm struggling a bit with this image.

I'm fairly satisfied with what I got here, but I'm not sure where to go from the basic material.

I'm not providing the original, because the raw was *ahem* not straight, but I'm providing a DNG of the straightened crop.

So I've ended up with four versions, and I'm interested in feedback on the following points:

- Framing
 - BW, colour or split toning?
 - Degree of contrast adjustments, local and global
 - Other constructive input

What I'm interested in keeping in the image, is the slight diffusion of light from the fog, and of course visible cobwebs. I've experimented with darkening the trunk of the pole, but haven't been pleased with the results, so if anyone sees a pleasing way of doing that, please pipe up.

I'm not even sure whether this is a keeper; I'm not emotionally detached enough at the moment.

Anyway, here they are, with the curves adjustments performed. The B&W versions where converted to B&W in Lightroom B4 with default settings (after fiddling and seeing that I didn't like other choices any better); the colour version was converted to DNG with LR. Sharpening was turned off in LR, colour noise reduction left at 25%. All versions have been resized to 1200x800 in Photoshop and received a dose of smart sharpen at 55%, radius of 0.6, lens blur, more accurate.

(curves adjustment)

(no curves adjustment)

(curves adjustment)

(curves adjustment)

(curves adjustment)
Jan
Pages: [1]   Go Up