Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please stop locking threads  (Read 893 times)

James Clark

Please stop locking threads
« on: July 28, 2018, 01:32:04 pm »

C'mon Jeremy.   Things get heated, most of us police ourselves, things calm down.  Valid discussion that some of us were enjoying (even if heated) gets cut off.  That sucks.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Please stop locking threads
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 01:42:17 pm »

That particular thread was way over the top, James. I'd go for shutting down the over-the-toppers rather than shutting down the thread, but Jeremy's the guy making the decisions. From what I saw in that thread I'd be willing to bet Michael would have shut down one or two of the posters permanently.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 02:01:04 pm »

Don’t lock, remove the Coffee Corner unless the subject is Photographics in concept. This is a site for that subject I believe or did.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 02:10:38 pm »

Perhaps we need to be more creative with titles such as "He Who Shall Not Be Named"

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 02:13:46 pm »

Don’t lock, remove the Coffee Corner unless the subject is Photographics in concept. This is a site for that subject I believe or did.

Andrew, you are right.

James Clark

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 02:31:43 pm »

Andrew, you are right.

Gentlemen - respectfully,no.   As best I can tell all of us are able to have productive conversations in other parts of the site about photography without the venom spilling over.  The words here harm no one, contribute to a feeling of "fleshing out" our fellow posters' personalities, and provide an nteresting and challenging forum for exploring topics of wide-ranging concern. 

And if occasionally someone feels insulted, well, let the person know and talk it out. 

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 03:44:21 pm »

James, respectfully I disagree and so do many readers of the forum based on personal messages and emails I have received. 
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 03:53:31 pm »

James, respectfully I disagree and so do many readers of the forum based on personal messages and emails I have received. 

This remains one of the great mysteries of the mankind: why do people complain about the whole section nobody forces them to read or even see?

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2018, 04:05:53 pm »

Many of our readers are using mobile devices and thus many use Tapatalk.  There is no filtering, you see everything.  That is one of the reasons.  And, this a site about photography.  I have expressed my feeling on this before.  There are other places better suited for the discussion of politics. 
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Rob C

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2018, 04:25:31 pm »

This sounds dangerously close to myopia closing in.

Photography is fine, in small doses, as is heated discussion. I have to add mine to the expressed bewilderment that makes people incapable of reading the big words: Coffee Corner, however they are presented.

This site is already pretty controlled, civil and broadly appealing. Dumb it down, and only the dumb will remain. That, like it or not, is a fact of life, not a Rob C theory.

Political correctness is the kiss to creative death, as anybody with any creative experience will confirm. Number crunchers, on the other hand, won't even notice.

I would really hate to find myself without a cyber home after all these years.

Ivophoto

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 04:27:23 pm »

Sometimes I have the feeling to be pickled in between the kindergarten catacombs of the US politics. As an European citizen it is amazing to see how the exposed US politic is toddlerized.

What is wrong with you peoples........ are the scarfs so deep?

It poisons this site, under normal conditions decent reacting members start spitting vitriol and step in forum mistake number 1: feeling strong and mighty behind the keyboard. I’m pretty sure a lot of big mouth talk would be less in a bar or other irl conversation, where peoples are in arm length reach.

Jeremy is doing a great job as moderator and it is not by paying the annual fee someone owns the joint.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2018, 04:32:09 pm »

Sometimes I have the feeling to be pickled in between the kindergarten catacombs of the US politics. As an European citizen it is amazing to see how the exposed US politic is toddlerized.

What is wrong with you peoples........ are the scarfs so deep?

It poisons this site, under normal conditions decent reacting members start spitting vitriol and step in forum mistake number 1: feeling strong and mighty behind the keyboard. I’m pretty sure a lot of big mouth talk would be less in a bar or other irl conversation, where peoples are in arm length reach.

Jeremy is doing a great job as moderator and it is not by paying the annual fee someone owns the joint.

Thanks, Ivo; but please all of you see the post I have just made: "The end of politics".

Jeremy
Pages: [1]   Go Up