Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Polaroid SX70  (Read 426 times)

raymond bleesz

Polaroid SX70
« on: July 24, 2018, 05:47:51 pm »

I have pulled out my black SX70 from the dust bin, and presently testing out the unit as well as the new films.

My questions centers on focusing:  for those who are familiar with the SX, what is your recommendation for camera to subject in feet--close up facial portraits?

Is there a test one would recommend for "testing" the accuracy of the Polaroid camera lens? as I question its accuracy. Has there been issues regarding "accuracy" of the lens?  Is there a history of "softness"? Suggestions on obtaining accuracy???

I understand re-furbrishing can be done on these cameras??  from the Denver area, what would be the closest center and approx $$$ amt?

Raymond

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
Re: Polaroid SX70
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 07:22:02 am »

I have pulled out my black SX70 from the dust bin, and presently testing out the unit as well as the new films.

My questions centers on focusing:  for those who are familiar with the SX, what is your recommendation for camera to subject in feet--close up facial portraits?

Is there a test one would recommend for "testing" the accuracy of the Polaroid camera lens? as I question its accuracy. Has there been issues regarding "accuracy" of the lens?  Is there a history of "softness"? Suggestions on obtaining accuracy???

I understand re-furbrishing can be done on these cameras??  from the Denver area, what would be the closest center and approx $$$ amt?

Raymond

No answer to your photography related topic yet?

I suggest renaming the topic:

"Trumps SX70 X files"
Sure you are getting lot's of replies.

In reply of your Question,

I have a few SX70's, some brand new in the box. Lovely vintage...

The SX70 is a kind of SLR instant camera, so you can judge sharpness in the view finder and try out how close you can get.

I don't think the lens will be the limiting factor in sharpness, but the available film. As far I know it is the in Holland made Impossible film which is on the market now. It's pretty crappy pola. If you want sharp pola's, get yourself a fuji Instax and enjoy the far more superior Instax cours and sharpness.

Ivo
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 04:34:12 pm by Ivo_B »
Pages: [1]   Go Up