Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Major Problem with Fotodiox>>>  (Read 754 times)

pikeys

• My Pics
Major Problem with Fotodiox>>>
« on: July 24, 2018, 05:22:51 pm »

I ordered an adapter for a Canon  135mm F3.5 lens,that was supposed to go on my Canon 5Dii.
Everything was going fine untill I attemped to remove the adapter...I tried for about 45 minutes,and it would not come off,so,I called tech support
I spoke to Alex,first and he needed some pictures of the real of the lens,which I sent him.,he still couldn't help me.
Then Dirk came on the phone..he told me to turn the adapter{counter-clockwise} ;that didn't work either.
He asked me what camera body I was using,and I told him ..the 5DII.;he then tells me  that fotodiox adapters,work on all Eos adapters EXCEPT,the 5DII.
He then suggested,I send my lens & the adapter down to them,and they will ATTEMPT to get it off.

I've been using fotodiox adapters on my 5DII,for about 9 years...I have a Leica 60mm ,a Olympus 21mm,which I use on my 5DII-never a problem.
I've never had a problem with fotodiox,and if I did have to call them,they walked me right through the issue.
This experience was really something..dealing with Alex,& Dirk {the jerk}
Just for the record,the adapter is a PRO model.
So,beware,of your going to use a fotodiox anything!!!,and if you get Dirk{the jerk} on the phone -HANG-UP.

Now can anyone recommend another adapter to me...I have 4 vintage lenses coming in,so,I could use some suggestions.

Thanks,
Mike

NancyP

Re: Major Problem with Fotodiox>>>
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 03:12:40 pm »

This is puzzling. I use Fotodiox Pro Nikon F to EOS adapters without issue, admittedly on 1 model, the 6D. And, I use Manual mode, as the adapter is chip-less. (it gives you the Fastest Ever Lens in the exif, f 0.0 )   ;)   Anyway, googling produced this:

http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/reviews/canon_fd_eos_adapters.html

pikeys

• My Pics
Re: Major Problem with Fotodiox>>>
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 03:41:17 pm »

Nancy-Thanks for the link.

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up