Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which filter system should I buy into? Nisi/Lee  (Read 6816 times)

sbay

• http://stephenbayphotography.com/
Re: Which filter system should I buy into? Nisi/Lee
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2018, 01:08:00 pm »

Fellow San Diegan here, but that's not why I'm asking you this question though. Haha just noticed when I saw your site link on the bottom of your comment. Anyway, which Lee filter system are you using? The 100mm? I had it before (never used with polarizer) but actually currently using the Haida 150mm setup with my Tamron 15-30mm.

The Haida 10 stop ND is awesome -- and this isn't even the NanoPro version. The Tamron lens adapter is a nice design that fits great...but the filter holder itself is a slightly inferior product, from what I've heard, to the rival SW150 Mark II (filter holder). It's not terrible, but from what I remember about the Lee 100mm filter holder I used to own, multiple filters were much easier to insert and remove compared to this Haida, which always seems like something is going to break from having to force in filters

Cool. Maybe we'll run into each other somewhere. Are you on instagram?

I've got the 100mm system. I used to have a 4x4 square polarizer but I scratched that and now I'm using the 105mm circular polarizer. The lee works perfectly for straight ND. Maybe I'm doing something wrong with how I setup / shoot with CPL or perhaps it's just particularly bad with my lens (16-35mm f/4 FE sony).

As user reports come in from the breakthrough system, it's not looking good. I really wanted to like it with the magnetic system. On the other hand, it looks like more makers are coming out with magnetic holders.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up