Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Charles Nelson house is gone  (Read 1477 times)

pcgpcg

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 490
    • paulglasser
Charles Nelson house is gone
« on: July 19, 2018, 01:59:42 am »

Fire has taken an old farmhouse in Oregon that was loved by many photographers...
https://katu.com/news/local/iconic-charles-e-nelson-house-abandoned-farmhouse-dufur-destroyed-by-substation-fire-neighbors-say-the-dalles-oregon
I drove by this building many times on the way to somewhere or returning from somewhere and my mind would always imagine the possibilities for a photo project. "Next time," I always said to myself...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 01:08:02 pm by pcgpcg »
Logged

Two23

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 827
Re: Charles Nelson house is gone
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 09:25:35 am »

Earlier this year I was up in North Dakota to take a photo of an immense railroad trestle (the Karnack Trestle.)  On the way home I took a few photos with my 4x5 of some abandoned farm houses.  There was one that was particularly enticing, so I took a photo of its exterior.  I returned a month later wanting to take some shots inside, only to find it had burned down!  I suspect vandals.  I think we get caught up in thinking that since something has been around for all of our lives, it will be there forever.  It won't be, and neither will we. 


Kent in SD
Logged
Qui sedes ad dexteram Patris,
miserere nobis.
Pages: [1]   Go Up