Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Converting a Mac Package back to a Folder 10.13.6  (Read 578 times)

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Converting a Mac Package back to a Folder 10.13.6
« on: July 17, 2018, 01:21:16 am »

Hi,
I have a Mac running 10.13.6. There is an external drive with all of my original images and catalogues in a Folder called Image_Library.

I was trying to upgrade an old iPhoto library using the iPhoto Library Upgrader so that I could use it with either Photos or Aperture. The conversion crashed and now my "Image_Library" folder is showing as an iPhoto Library package icon. I can do a  "Show Package Contents" and see all of the subfolders. The folder contains all of my Aperture and iPhoto Libraries as well as a folder with all of the Original raw files. As this is nearly 3.5TB I don't want to have to do a restore from backup if I can just change the folder parameters.

I found some information in a thread about this from years ago but all of the solutions don't seem to work with High Sierra. Any ideas please?
Bob
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: Converting a Mac Package back to a Folder 10.13.6
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 07:17:02 pm »

I have come up with a solution which seems to work.
I renamed the package to something else and created a new folder with the old name.
I then did "Show Package Contents". I opened a new folder window and navigated to the new folder.
I then just dragged and dropped all the required folders back.
It seems to work.
I am hoping that Time Machine thinks that it is the same folder and doesn't try to build a new 3TB backup.
Bob

Addendum: Time Machine just carried on as if it was the old folder. All good.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 10:56:55 pm by BobShaw »
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography
Pages: [1]   Go Up