Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Calibrating BenQ sw2700pt  (Read 1855 times)

denalilap

Calibrating BenQ sw2700pt
« on: July 10, 2018, 09:05:41 pm »

I've been trying out various calibration options (Palette Master, i1Profiler, DisplayCal). If I use the puck that allows you to load an AdobeRGB, SRGB and B&W profile, where is that getting it from? Is PM the only calibration that affects what is loaded when using the puck to load a profile?

mandodude

Re: Calibrating BenQ sw2700pt
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 07:55:49 am »

Good question, but wouldn't these just be pre-loaded profiles that came with the monitor since we typically only profile to one color space? (And certainly not profiling in black and white...although if there is a way to profile in B/W, that would be great!)  I just got my monitor Friday and because my calibration instrument isn't supported by Pallette Master, I downloaded DisplayCal3.  So far I really like it.  I particularly like the brightness readout it gives.  My ColorMunki Smile is a pretty basic colorimeter and doesn't really tell you anything about the calibration with the software that comes with it.  I'd be interested in hearing if folks find much advantage in using Pallette Master with a supported device to calibrate th chip in the monitor as opposed to using it to calibrate the graphics card.  Thanks.

denalilap

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 01:49:55 pm »

Your post made me think of another question... is there a way to tell if you are using the HW calibration or if the calibration is occurring via one’s video card?

mandodude

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 04:21:44 pm »

I'm not sure as I've not used Pallette Master yet.  There are some videos on YouTube.  They may explain it.  I know my colorimeter isn't supported so I've not opened it yet.  I guess I've been thinking Pallette Master only calibrates the hardware in the monitor, but I don't know for sure.

ChrisMax

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 09:09:11 am »

Only Pallette Master will will do a hardware calibration on the BenQ monitor all other programs calibrate via the video card. 

mandodude

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 07:42:19 pm »

ChrisMax ...do you see any difference/advantage calibrating the hardware vs using the graphics card?
Pages: [1]   Go Up